Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

MuddyDog wrote: »
    you're crazy. was using ronaldo. hit the target most times and score a decent percentage of them.

Try it without the current world player of the year and, preferably, with someone who uses the traditional FreeKick technique.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

The gameplay is the best for any PES game in a long time. Menus are great, some nice first time control from players when the ball is in the air. You really feel like you earned a goal when you get one. Haven't started the master league yet, but it sounds great.
    Played online with no lag at all, almost as good as playing the computer. Like the way it seems to give you an average stat for a player (like in fifa) and it changes when you play someone out of position.
    Bad points: Looks like it's easy to score free kicks if you keep them low. The wall always jumps, so if you drill it low, it'll go under them, even if you don't press a button to get the wall to jump.
    Not sure about the in game formation menus. Before if you went to 4-4-2 you would get a selection of 4-4-2 variations. Now it looks like there's just a standard 4-4-2. Is the button for auto sort gone? I always used that! Might take a bit of getting used to, but I'm definitely not a fan of the in game formation menus.
    Kev_ps3 wrote: »
    I think the opposite, its easier to score in front of goal, but harder to get there..

That sounds about right. You really have to pick your pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Quint wrote: »
    Is the button for auto sort gone? I always used that!

That sounds about right. You really have to pick your pass.

Its there, just 'assisted settings'... think formations have to be done by edit position...

Here is another gripe. I have hd this one since 09.

The cursor setting used to have a bar meter between manual and automtic. _ used to go for manual.

The closest they have to it currently is unassisted. It sounds the same but the cursor will not even change automatically to a player you directly pass to. Instead, the comp takes control of any player who has the ball that you haven't manually selected (kind of a given by playing a pass to him in the old versions for example)

As it is on semi assisted the player switches are all over the place. It is particularly bad online because of the button delay, you end up clicking L1 more than once in an effort to pick a player and you end up scrolling through about 5 of them, they all slow down and your opponent walks through you in a straight line.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,835 ✭✭✭✭cormie

noodler wrote: »
    Here is another gripe. I have hd this one since 09.

The cursor setting used to have a bar meter between manual and automtic. _ used to go for manual.

The closest they have to it currently is unassisted. It sounds the same but the cursor will not even change automatically to a player you directly pass to. Instead, the comp takes control of any player who has the ball that you haven't manually selected (kind of a given by playing a pass to him in the old versions for example)

As it is on semi assisted the player switches are all over the place. It is particularly bad online because of the button delay, you end up clicking L1 more than once in an effort to pick a player and you end up scrolling through about 5 of them, they all slow down and your opponent walks through you in a straight line.

I play on unassisted too and used to always play on manual, you just have to press L1 every time you pass the ball and the receiving player will already be selected. It can be a bit tricky when the player is close to you and there's loads of opponents around (say a fumble in the box or something) and it gets a bit panicky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Im on an auto configured WIFI connection with NAT type 3 -
    As with PES09 I cant get online as Im getting a udp error.

Im tryin to put my PS3 in a DMZ at the moment by using a static ip address, but im having other problems getting that working.

Is there a way to switch NAT types?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,769 ✭✭✭Nedved85

Bought this for €30 in tesco for PS3, only had a chance to play one game online at a friends house but it worked fine, no lag..

Just hope i get used to it again! Last one i liked was PES 6.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭steve french

Agricola wrote: »
    Im on an auto configured WIFI connection with NAT type 3 -
    As with PES09 I cant get online as Im getting a udp error.

Im tryin to put my PS3 in a DMZ at the moment by using a static ip address, but im having other problems getting that working.

Is there a way to switch NAT types?

this worked for me, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JugGe7CCuNU
    its for eircom router

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

The Pentagon for comparing players is gone, shocking!

cormie wrote: »
    I play on unassisted too and used to always play on manual, you just have to press L1 every time you pass the ball and the receiving player will already be selected. It can be a bit tricky when the player is close to you and there's loads of opponents around (say a fumble in the box or something) and it gets a bit panicky.

It is very disappointing they took manual away.

The computer actually seems to help too much on unassisted - it will take shots and passes for you if you don't press L1 fast enough after a pass and crosses are particularly messy.

Strangely though - and I can't logically explain this - I seem to have greater control of my players (especially when tracking the opposition) when I am using unassisted. Less resistance I would call it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I'm loving this new PES. My only problems are the online menus are ****e, trying to pick a game with someone is a pain. And I still can't get to grips with formation menus. Gameplay is top notch though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Quint wrote: »
    I'm loving this new PES. My only problems are the online menus are ****e, trying to pick a game with someone is a pain. And I still can't get to grips with formation menus. Gameplay is top notch though

Create your own lobby, alot easier

• Registered Users Posts: 5,290 ✭✭✭Ardent

Just played a game there with the PC version (haven't played the franchise in anger since PES6 due to the bitter disappointments of PES2008 & PES2009.)

Graphically, it's gorgeous. Far superior to FIFA 10 on PC.

Crucially though, the gameplay is not as good as FIFA IMO. There's an arcade feel to the whole thing. The pace of the game is too fast IMO, star players leave defenders in their dust, it's too linear compared to fifa.

I see also some bugs remain - e.g., running at pace and unleashing a shot at goal results in a lob, player switching problems, etc.

Mad to think that we're at a point where FIFA is the least "arcadey" of the two games,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

I think someone sold you PES2009 instead.

I've been playing PES on the PS3 and PC and it is at a perfect pace now compared to 09. The importance of the first touch is back to what it used to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Ardent wrote: »
    The pace of the game is too fast IMO, star players leave defenders in their dust, it's too linear compared to fifa.

I see also some bugs remain - e.g., running at pace and unleashing a shot at goal results in a lob, player switching problems, etc.

Its not that easy to run around quality defenders, especially when you play it on top difficulty...

And running at pace and shooting is a bit of an obvious dont do... all you have to do is hold R1 untill your ready to shoot then release it... no footballers sprint and shoot at the same time... Use R2 to control the shot also!

Im using semi-auto for player switching and once you get used to it I dont have any problems with control... it all just takes getting used to!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Is the commentary fuped up on anyone else's? It only says something when a player shoots, tackles, etc. But when you are just passing it around, it goes quiet, the commentators say nothing. Its really annoying! :mad:

There's an option in the Audio settings to limit commentary. Check to see if that is turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Finally got around to playing PES 2010 today. I've played a few matches online and it is so much better than 2009 and 2008. I still don't think it is as smooth as PES 6, which is very disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭1mcampo1

Otacon wrote: »
    There's an option in the Audio settings to limit commentary. Check to see if that is turned on.

Out of standard, lower, lowest, its on standard

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Vokes wrote: »
    Some minor presentation issues aside, this edition is definitely a step in the right direction for me.

Haven't tried the online component yet, so can't comment.
    Have just played my first couple of games online and I'm having that infamous button lag in every one, to a point that its unplayable. Not convinced its my client side problem (im on a 20Mb/s connection), Konami server teething problems I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Is there a list of people's PSN names that like to play PES online?

Although I'm about to jump into Master League so that might keep me offline for a while.

I am SAULTIGH on PSN.

Word of advice, I had a particularly good game earlier and was 5-0 at half time thanks to 5 Torres goals. I then got another one with El Nino at the start of the second half and from then on the guy kept scoring own goals from the kick off (I couldn't stop him).

When the score got to 10-0 the game was abandoned due to, oh what was the word, 'suspicious'? Not sure, maybe improper behviour? Anyway, the guy got off without a loss I persume as there was no points screen afterwards.

Pretty annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I've been super critical of PES since PES2008 which is down to how much enjoyment I used to get from the game.

That said, I think PES2010 is a vast improvement on recent releases.

Maybe everyone knows this but I discovered a way to tackle players which is actually effective. My main gripe with previous editions have been the fact that it was almost impossible to get the ball of someone. Well, I have remedied that by using the following:

I hold down X to get one of my guys to chase whoever has the ball and when I get close enough I press square (while still holding down X). I can now get the ball off players. It doesnt work all the time but one of my biggest frustrations have been put to bed.

Using this new (new to me anyway) technique allowed me to destroy Liverpool at Anfield with United 5-1...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Has anyone been able to start with the default players in the master league, valeny, Castoto etc?

I can only seem to start with the real players :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Has anyone been able to start with the default players in the master league, valeny, Castoto etc?

They seem to be only in my youth team, I dont remember coming across an option to see starting with the default players I could be open to correction though.

also, whats up with penalties?? I lost in the "english" cup because I couldnt bloody take them. I have to give training a go after work and see can I get the hang of them.

If I remember correctly, if you press Square [or possibly Triangle] at the Team Selection screen, it will re-populate your team with the usual ML players.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

gavredking wrote: »
    also, whats up with penalties?? I lost in the "english" cup because I couldnt bloody take them. I have to give training a go after work and see can I get the hang of them.

You'll deffo need to hit the training ground for the penos. Also use the d-pad for penalties and not the stick, which seems to be overly sensitive for direction. Final bit of advice, if you use the left-right camera angle, pause the game and switch to the "behind the player" view before taking the peno. I personally find that helps a good bit trying to gauge the peno - but that might just be me.
    After a bit of practice, you'll be belting them in the whole time.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Cheers for that, after taking 3 penalties and missing them all I will have to spend some time in Training I guess.

Anybody get any good youth teams players in there Master League?? I invested the full 10 million into and the best I got was a kid at CM was about 61 and 17 so I guess its kind of auto-generated.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭dots104

just wondering if u are able to play your own music during a game. ie is this a game that supports custom music.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

dots104 wrote: »
    just wondering if u are able to play your own music during a game. ie is this a game that supports custom music.

Create a playlist on the XMB screen called ''KONAMI_PES'' and put your music in to that. Then on pes2010 go to gallery > playlist editor. Then scroll to your music.

That's for the PS3 anyway. I hope you're using that :D

Advertisement