Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Have had FIFA a few weeks and still struggle against the COM on World Class, but am beating Top Player on PES2010 easily already! It was never this easy?!

What's the deal with the Pringles ads in the Pause menu and on Replays???
    Incredibly annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭dots104

cheers for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Enjoying the game so far but why the **** does Stephen Ireland have hair? Whoever did him should be fired, he's been bald for over a year now. Edit mode I guess. <_<

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭SeanyMc22

Will there be a league being set up for boards ppl soon?..Anyone up for it im on PS3 wit PES10 add me Kamroks.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Dean820 wrote: »
    Enjoying the game so far but why the **** does Stephen Ireland have hair? Whoever did him should be fired, he's been bald for over a year now. Edit mode I guess. <_<

Played a few mins of Pool v City today and noticed that straight away.

Oh and is it just me or is Glen Johnson not quite as 'dark' as he should be? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

@ Otacon Cheers mate - Its is triangle yeah. Was worried there for a second. Cant start the ML without the Sunday league team now can i!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

SeanyMc22 wrote: »
    Will there be a league being set up for boards ppl soon?..Anyone up for it im on PS3 wit PES10 add me Kamroks.png

Good idea. My PSN name is The40Watt

Anyone have any suggestions of good players to buy in the Master League? I'm starting in the second division and have managed to bring in a few players the most notable being Ashely Young. He has a least given me some pace but with the likes of Castolo up front I don't score many.

Any bargains out there?

I wish Mathieu from PES 5 was still around. Best player ever in Master League.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kylzer911

Josey, get Christian Benitez from Birmingham, and also Carlton Cole..

I also bought Steed Malbranque and Lee Catermole and low and behold im coming 3rd in Serie A. I also got D. Kamara and Roddallega

Yeah I saw that C. Benitez was on the transfer list but decided against him based on his real life performances .

I thought that in the Master League when you get a scout report on a player you would be able to see their attributes like speed, passing etc... but you can't. So each purchase is a bit of a risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kylzer911

yea, that doesnt bother me, get benitez tho, v quick.

wish online was fixed grr, ill add you later for a game!

I bought twogood players in Rasmus Elm and Mario Baloteli. Hopefully, they'll help as I've been promoted to divison one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Try and get Giovinco of Juventus and also Pjanic from Lyon. I also managed to sign Vermaelan of Arsenal on loan, with his contract running out so I may get him for free at the end of the season.

I also managed to get the world class striker that is Crespo of Genoa. He may not have pace but he can head a ball better than most other players.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Try and get Giovinco of Juventus and also Pjanic from Lyon. I also managed to sign Vermaelan of Arsenal on loan, with his contract running out so I may get him for free at the end of the season.

I had Giovinco in PES 2009 and he was possibly the best player in the game. I actually already have Vermaelan. He doesn't score as many goals for me as he does in real life though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,763 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Any Tesco's selling PES2010 in Dublin still? Checked two this week no joy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

Anyone have any suggestions of good players to buy in the Master League? I'm starting in the second division and have managed to bring in a few players the most notable being Ashely Young. He has a least given me some pace but with the likes of Castolo up front I don't score many.

Any bargains out there?

I wish Mathieu from PES 5 was still around. Best player ever in Master League.

Isn't he still around? playing for Valencia?...he's a french left back

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

Isn't he still around? playing for Valencia?...he's a french left back

Yupyup! Played with him yesterday...quite tall if i remember...has the physique and agilty ...of a tree! :o

JamieK wrote: »
    Yupyup! Played with him yesterday...quite tall if i remember...has the physique and agilty ...of a tree! :o

Maybe he does now but back in PES 5 and 6 there was no one better. He was listed as a SB but I'd always play him as an AMF or CM. His shooting from range was incredible as was his passing. Best player by a mile. They even mention this on the real players wiki page.

So I'm nearly finished my second season in the Master League and I think I've played enough of this years version to form some opinions.

I like the new features in the Master League a lot, real currency, youth teams, Champions and Europa League etc... However, I'm finding playing against the CPU to be more frustrating than before. I'm playing on Top Player as usual but find it very hard to score goals by building play through the middle. Most of my goals come from crosses on the left (delivered by Ashley Young) or from full backs. Very few come from through balls from the centre.

Also the referee is far too lenient with the CPU. Far too often they just seem to hack me down and get away with it, even I do sometimes. I'd rather have a few more free kicks. At least give me a chance to earn that free-kick trophy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

yeah i was thinking that was the same guy. He's not great in the new one...really slow.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I like the new features in the Master League a lot, real currency, youth teams, Champions and Europa League etc... However, I'm finding playing against the CPU to be more frustrating than before. I'm playing on Top Player as usual but find it very hard to score goals by building play through the middle. Most of my goals come from crosses on the left (delivered by Ashley Young) or from full backs. Very few come from through balls from the centre.
    Have you tried changing your midfield formation? OR sticking an extra man in there?

One thing I don't like is that they seem to have got rid of the variations of formations. there's only one 4-4-2 and you haved to edit it. Pain in the hole if you're doing quick formation changes online

Quint wrote: »
    Have you tried changing your midfield formation? OR sticking an extra man in there?

I've been trying a few new formations in the last couple of matches. My team is going through a terrible run of form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭brian plank

Quint wrote: »

One thing I don't like is that they seem to have got rid of the variations of formations. there's only one 4-4-2 and you haved to edit it. Pain in the hole if you're doing quick formation changes online

that is annoying online. is there any way to save formations so you dont have to keep moving players around? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Having played the game over the weekend I have to same I am largely happy with it. The animations etc don't bother me too much as the game is a fun and unpredictable as ever...even with the dodgy keepers.

Online is much better but I have to say that the button delay is pissing me off online. It is virtually impossible to knock the ball around your defence etc without getting caught out. Is anyone else tearing their hair out with the button delay online. Is this something that they can fix....it seems unlikely to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Vudgie wrote: »
    Is anyone else tearing their hair out with the button delay online. Is this something that they can fix....it seems unlikely to me.

Make sure you are playing against someone with a good connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

bennyob wrote: »
    Make sure you are playing against someone with a good connection.

That's a lot easier said than done. I'm on a static IP address, wired connection stright to Cable modem and confirmed with ISP that all necessary ports are opened, and I can never find anyone on the lobbies with better than average connection - usually yellow or red.

I've never seen a green connection there. And any time I try to connect to a yellow connection, it goes straight to flashing red when the game starts. Then you're talking 3 second button lag. What more can be done, only for Konami to release a patch to correct this, but as per last year, I doubt we'll see one.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

Im using ps3 on 3 meg eircom over a wireless network, havn't gone near any ports or anything and usually i see green.

I have had one game in about 15 with terrible input lag and got beaten 5 nil, totally unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭GEM_13

bennyob wrote: »
    Im using ps3 on 3 meg eircom over a wireless network, havn't gone near any ports or anything and usually i see green.

I have had one game in about 15 with terrible input lag and got beaten 5 nil, totally unplayable.
    IVE HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

I've never seen a green connection there. And any time I try to connect to a yellow connection, it goes straight to flashing red when the game starts.

i've got constant green. played my friends who've green as well, games runs smooth. have got caught out with joining match rooms when others have green connections, then match starts and they go amber or red, annoying to say the least.

got caught out like this yday again, i had green, other guy had red, but there was no lag, was weird. only thing was the connection went in the 2nd half. i was winning by a couple so dunno if he disconnected or the connection went.

basically i find that the game is very playable online, granted you would want to have green connections but its obviously a massive improvement on last yr.

i also borrowed fifa off a friend and found it stuttered a lot online

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Vudgie wrote: »

Online is much better but I have to say that the button delay is pissing me off online. It is virtually impossible to knock the ball around your defence etc without getting caught out. Is anyone else tearing their hair out with the button delay online. Is this something that they can fix....it seems unlikely to me.

Yeah, getting loads of that. Its infuriating.

Advertisement