Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭herbieflowers

Haven't played it too much but I'm not sure I find it as enjoyable as previous versions. For one, it seems geared towards wing play more than ever (Professional level). There only ever seems to be space on the wing, and bunging it in the box is rewarded with goals a lot of the time. Playing through the centre is nigh on impossible - once you find space, more often than not you have three opposing players coming right at you, and you lose the ball. Too much of the game is bogged down in the midfield.

Through balls and lofted through balls are inconsistent, which is fair enough. But when your player has loads of space and a simple one will suffice, often it goes astray and leads the man into the wing. The computer seems to be able to put 250+ passes together yet still only muster a couple of shots on target.

One plus is the shooting - you can actually score some nice goals every now and again, particularly from range.

Might simply be a case of getting used to the game, but it's not doing much for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

button delay could be from tapping pass twice, its new to 2010 and cancles the pass?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭mmafan81

I've only played online once or twice(too busy with ml and legend) but no problems so far,ran pretty smoothly to be honest

trounced some fella 4-1 had to leave him get a consulation goal near the end,its only fair :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭smackyB

Has anyone noticed that the ref seems to let the AI get away with a lot? I'm playing at the highest level so maybe thats an added difficulty? Or maybe I'm just used to the previous version where the AI were always getting penalised for slide tackles, good or not.

Also, how do you practice penalties? It doesn't show up in the training menu.

A couple of other gripes: Why do players attributes drop so dramatically when played even slightly out of position. Like an SS playing CF dropping nearly 20 points! Another thing is that it costs far too much to train a player to play in a new position

Also the new main menu layout is horrible

/rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

smackyB wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that the ref seems to let the AI get away with a lot? I'm playing at the highest level so maybe thats an added difficulty? Or maybe I'm just used to the previous version where the AI were always getting penalised for slide tackles, good or not.

Also, how do you practice penalties? It doesn't show up in the training menu.

/rant over

Yea the computer gets away with murder lately... its annoying when you've done some lovely build up play and finally get that killer pass only for one of their players to upend messi and ref says play on...

You can practice penaltys by selecting free kicks and moving the target into the box... like a free kick in the box!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Finally figured out how to change the player index's etc. last night.
    This means I can set my back four to stay put and not move and set my attackers to attack minded... Winner.

Anyone know how to set this permanently?

You used to be able to do this in edit mode but the player index's are greyed out there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Keyzer wrote: »
    Finally figured out how to change the player index's etc. last night.
    This means I can set my back four to stay put and not move and set my attackers to attack minded... Winner.

Anyone know how to set this permanently?

You used to be able to do this in edit mode but the player index's are greyed out there...

If you're doing a Master League, then just go into Gameplan from the ML menu. That way it will stick.

If you change it in gameplan right before a match then it'll assume it's temporary and will revert back after.

Larkin91 wrote: »
    If you're doing a Master League, then just go into Gameplan from the ML menu. That way it will stick.

If you change it in gameplan right before a match then it'll assume it's temporary and will revert back after.

Got it sorted for ML - how about for exhibition games?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭saltie

Does anybody know of a fix/ workaround for the stoopid issue that is saving your bleeding formation? How the hell did they get this so wrong.
    I`m playing with a mate and we both create our formation/ change the line up/ assisted settings/ tactics what have you and then save in data management ie. copy it and save it but the next game we play we can copy the formation but the line up back to default/ the tactics default/ assisted settings default.

Realllly annoying (almost as annoying as someone typing extra letters in a word to get there point across).

All the above is just in straight forward exhibition mode but its the same online.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

Keyzer wrote: »
    Got it sorted for ML - how about for exhibition games?
    saltie wrote: »
    Does anybody know of a fix/ workaround for the stoopid issue that is saving your bleeding formation? How the hell did they get this so wrong.
    I`m playing with a mate and we both create our formation/ change the line up/ assisted settings/ tactics what have you and then save in data management ie. copy it and save it but the next game we play we can copy the formation but the line up back to default/ the tactics default/ assisted settings default.

Realllly annoying (almost as annoying as someone typing extra letters in a word to get there point across).

All the above is just in straight forward exhibition mode but its the same online.

Thanks

I can't be too sure, but in PES2009 you had to go to Edit first, then go to the team and sort the formation. Then you can save it in the stock formation part.

Can't verify it for this year though, never tried it.

• Advertisement

Thanks - If I figure it out I'll let you know...

Really enjoying PES2010 now after figuring this out - my team is now playing the way I want.

Playing as AC Milan in ML - had a stinker of a first game but I have one my last five on trot afterwards culminating with a comprenhensive 1-0 win vs Roma although I should have won about 6-0, need to work on my finishing.

Signed Anelka and Vermaelan as they transfer listed, bargain buys, Anelka is banging them in for me.

Loving it so far, its back to being a great game if you figure out your team formations and attacking defending balance for each player.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I'm starting to wonder if penalties even exist in this game. I'm into my third season in the Master League and have yet to have a penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

I'm starting to wonder if penalties even exist in this game. I'm into my third season in the Master League and have yet to have a penalty.

Yea me too... 2 seasons in...

Although I doubt Id score one if I got it... new penalty system is a bit unpredictable!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

saltie wrote: »

Thanks

yup this is really getting on my tits. after every game it reverts back to the default formation/lineup.

its unbelievably frustrating.. how could this be over looked?

Also, one thing that's really annoyed me over the last few years as well.. why can't you do home and away two legged friendlies? you could do it in one of the games (was it 5 or 6?)

really made playing against a mate far more entertaining!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Spictreacy

Roar wrote: »
    yup this is really getting on my tits. after every game it reverts back to the default formation/lineup.

its unbelievably frustrating.. how could this be over looked?

Also, one thing that's really annoyed me over the last few years as well.. why can't you do home and away two legged friendlies? you could do it in one of the games (was it 5 or 6?)

really made playing against a mate far more entertaining!

I have tried setting up the Game Plan in Edit mode for United so that it would be this way for online and exhibition mode but as you have said everything bar the line up reverts back to same. This has to be a bug as what is the purpose of being able to edit this in Edit mode if it simply reverts to default.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

one thing really annoying in PES this year is that slow players are catching players that are clearly quicker:mad:
    and the penalty system is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Dr.Winston O'Boogie

Is there no option of an international league anymore?? Thats what I used to play most...why the hell would you remove it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

Anyone having issues on 360 with opposition line ups when playing tournaments? It seems whenever you get to the latter stages of a tournament, the AI selects a second/third choice line up. It makes for a pretty unsatisfying triumph.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

for the tournaments try turning off acumulated fatigue. As for the formation data have you tried the stock data option thing where you can save a whole bunch of teams formations etc which when loaded automatically reverts the selected team data to that of yours?
    May not be right with either of these(still waiting on 2010) but this stuff works in old versions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

I'm finding "Professional Mode" very frustrating.

Regardless of the quality of team I am play as, and regardless of the quality of my opposition, the following happens:

The opposition knock the ball around for fun, like Barcelona, even if they are Stoke City.
    The dribbling pace and touch of my players goes down the toilet.
    Every 50/50 is won by the opposition.
    The "through ball" button becomes the "pass directly to the right back" button.

Regular seems more balanced, but too easy.

BTW is there a more user friendly guide to the controls and moves, something I could print out and have in front of me?

I just play it with standard movement and simple passes, seems like too much to remember button wise to get around to learning dribbling techniques, how to chip, 1-2s etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭mossie

one thing really annoying in PES this year is that slow players are catching players that are clearly quicker:mad:
    and the penalty system is terrible.

Yeah. I was playing as Arsenal vs Fulham and Hangeland was outpacing Walcott for everything, so I signed Hangeland in the next window and he's slower than a snail with cramp now he's on my team. Frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

Anyone know why when playing online evryone cancels before the game starts unless they are the home team? Drives me mad

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Knex. wrote: »
    button delay could be from tapping pass twice, its new to 2010 and cancles the pass?

its not that but thats good to know all the same!
    Must say tho I've played a lot more online and the button lag has completely disappeared (Jebus be praised). And the game is now an absolute joy to play! Really enjoying this new game now. Its much better than the last 2, again praise Jebus!
    Only thing that bugs me about the game play is the through balls. They are shockingly bad at times. For example if you're near the goal line and you're trying to gently feed a team mates run to get him in behind for a nice crossing opportunity the ball is lashed straight out of play for a goal kick - wtf like :mad: . One-twos dont seem to be as effective as before either.

its not that but thats good to know all the same!
    Must say tho I've played a lot more online and the button lag has completely disappeared (Jebus be praised). And the game is now an absolute joy to play! Really enjoying this new game now. Its much better than the last 2, again praise Jebus!
    Only thing that bugs me about the game play is the through balls. They are shockingly bad at times. For example if you're near the goal line and you're trying to gently feed a team mates run to get him in behind for a nice crossing opportunity the ball is lashed straight out of play for a goal kick - wtf like :mad: . One-twos dont seem to be as effective as before either.

You can always use manual pass :p
    Ah no, I agree, it can be pretty bad. However I actually find the one two to be better in this game.

The button lag thing though, that is TERRIBLE! Happened me last night again so I just quit the game. Press L1 to change player and 5 seconds later it does it, same for all buttons. I actually quit the game now when it happens and take the 3-0 beating.

Does anyone know if your ranking is affected in this game if you quit? I think it should be. In the last game it wasn't and nearly every time I was beating someone they would quit. Something has to be done to punish people who do this. It's happening sometimes in this game too but not half as much which is why I'm thinking the ranking is affected. I'm not organised enough to actually check this every time.

In the last game, one time I was losing 2 nil to some fecker and he was passing it around his defence for the rest of the game. I got one back but he kept it up, I couldn't get the ball from him at all until the 85th minute and then bang, 2 more goals. Then he quit. I really hope this is now punished in the new game, even though i sometimes quit because of button lag but always in the 1st 10 minutes. What they should do is if you quit in the last 20 mins or something you lose 20 points from your ranking.

The lag is happening all the time now :mad:
    627816341.png

budgemook wrote: »
    The lag is happening all the time now :mad:
    627816341.png

Your upload rate is appalling

my bad its not appalling - its in MB ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

WHAT IN GOD'S NAME DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET A PENALTY?!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

m@cc@ wrote: »

you'll probably miss the peno anyways :P

m@cc@ wrote: »

I got one yesterday. A totally unjust one might i add. I took a shot inside peano area, keeper saved, another player in the box was taken down by mistake by my opponent. Peano.
    The peano itself, i didnt know what to do. I thought i hit it to the left but it went down the middle, squirmed under the keeper about an inch over the line.
    Bizarre stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Bob_Harris wrote: »
    I'm finding "Professional Mode" very frustrating.

Regardless of the quality of team I am play as, and regardless of the quality of my opposition, the following happens:

The opposition knock the ball around for fun, like Barcelona, even if they are Stoke City.
    The dribbling pace and touch of my players goes down the toilet.
    Every 50/50 is won by the opposition.
    The "through ball" button becomes the "pass directly to the right back" button.

Regular seems more balanced, but too easy.

BTW is there a more user friendly guide to the controls and moves, something I could print out and have in front of me?

I just play it with standard movement and simple passes, seems like too much to remember button wise to get around to learning dribbling techniques, how to chip, 1-2s etc.

I am on my third season of ML and have gotten one penalty ever. It is crazy.

On top player (that is highest isn't it?), the computer cheats more than ever. It could feel scripted in the past if the computer needed a goal and the game was near the ende but the way stuff falls for them is ridiculous.

You can be bossing a game for 80 minutes, then out of nowhere, Fulham become Brazil and put the best mover you have ever seen together. The ball falls in your box, you get a block but it goes to one of their players, another block but same result. At the this stage your players are all on the floor from bocking and it is a tap in.

Has anyone played Arsenal yet on the highest difficulty setting in ML? My christ. Slaughter. I can't believe Chelsea are my main rivals becasue Walcott is disgracefully fast but with the shooting and crossing accuracy to boot. I wonder am I running wrong sometimes becasue it can be very hard for me to reach such speeds.

Anway, its RVP and Walcott on the wings and they are free everytime. Bentdner in the middle plays like some kind of greek god.

Rant over but I hate never getting penalties. I guess it is better than all the cheap ones you could get last year but theres gotta be a better balance.

Advertisement