Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo 2010

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

noodler wrote: »
    Has anyone played Arsenal yet on the highest difficulty setting in ML? My christ. Slaughter. I can't believe Chelsea are my main rivals becasue Walcott is disgracefully fast but with the shooting and crossing accuracy to boot. I wonder am I running wrong sometimes becasue it can be very hard for me to reach such speeds.

Man I am playing as Arsenal, and Walcott is not that great at all, speed? sure he is faster, but almost every defender will catch him and muscle him off the ball, its very frustrating. Van persie is quite good tho

Its very annoying playing the computer this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

How to take a penalty:

Press and hold square. This will determine height. Tap for low, hold for high.
    Just when players boot is about to hit the ball press the direction on D-Pad or Left stick. If you choose a direction too early it will most likely go wide.

So at first i was really struggling with this game, now i have a grip on it. What camera is everyone playing on? I changed it from the default cam to the next one down, wide. The difference it made in my game is actually amazing. From struggling to win games I am now winning (some) games very comfortably.

My build up play is much better and i seem to be using the pitch much more effectively than before. I can see much more and it really makes the difference. It was weird at first but after 1 or 2 games its all good, so I would definitely recommend changing to wide camera

thorbarry wrote: »
    So at first i was really struggling with this game, now i have a grip on it. What camera is everyone playing on? I changed it from the default cam to the next one down, wide. The difference it made in my game is actually amazing. From struggling to win games I am now winning (some) games very comfortably.

My build up play is much better and i seem to be using the pitch much more effectively than before. I can see much more and it really makes the difference. It was weird at first but after 1 or 2 games its all good, so I would definitely recommend changing to wide camera
    Every time a new one comes out I nearly always have to change the camera to wide. I have never been able to use the radar much so it's the only option for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

Been using wide camera since the ISS days! Its the only way to play the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I've always used the wide view. You can see more of the pitch and see where your players are, and their runs.

I also use the radar for switching play, or knocking the ball long out to the wingers...when they have the space.

It's not great to use when playing a tight game in the middle of the pitch or just outside the box.

I can be handy though, I just wish you could put your entire team, bar the keeper in the wall again, used to really confuse the computer A.I. Everytime they would get a free I would stick 10 players in the wall, they would boot it up to one of their players and it would be offside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I've always used the wide view. You can see more of the pitch and see where your players are, and their runs.

I also use the radar for switching play, or knocking the ball long out to the wingers...when they have the space.

It's not great to use when playing a tight game in the middle of the pitch or just outside the box.

I can be handy though, I just wish you could put your entire team, bar the keeper in the wall again, used to really confuse the computer A.I. Everytime they would get a free I would stick 10 players in the wall, they would boot it up to one of their players and it would be offside.

Pretty much the same as me. Always use wide, and use the radar for long passes, or to see who has space. Also handy for 1 on 1's (especially when playing your mates) to see if the keeper is coming out, or to see if you're past the last defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've come to the conclusion now that if I could take all the improvements to the ML in PES 2010 (currency, Champions League, youth team, scouts etc...) and have the referee from PES 2009 it would be an awesome game.

As it stands it is just awesomely frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Some decision making in this years game is joke alright. I have got a few penalties and after missing the first 2 or 3 I went into training and practice, and now when I go to a corner the keeper still gets there, very hard taking penalties.

If the ref's were better it would be a top quality game, it has little flaws sure, but the ref's are my biggest headache.

gavredking wrote: »
    Some decision making in this years game is joke alright. I have got a few penalties and after missing the first 2 or 3 I went into training and practice, and now when I go to a corner the keeper still gets there, very hard taking penalties.

If the ref's were better it would be a top quality game, it has little flaws sure, but the ref's are my biggest headache.

You can practice the penalties? I couldn't find this.

• Advertisement

I've come to the conclusion now that if I could take all the improvements to the ML in PES 2010 (currency, Champions League, youth team, scouts etc...) and have the referee from PES 2009 it would be an awesome game.

As it stands it is just awesomely frustrating.
    Yeah, a few shocking decisions and as with most people, I'm a season and a half into master league and haven't had a peno. But I think the ref just favours the AI when you play on a difficult level
    budgemook wrote: »
    You can practice the penalties? I couldn't find this.

Go into free kick practice and place the ball inside the box

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Har0ld x9

And heres an option file from pesfan site by 'Rosh'... Its quality has all the transfers, kits, player names etc done. The man is a legend, spent 15hours getting it sorted...

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=73442

Has anyone else tried this??
    enjoying PES 2010, only got it last week but it can be annoying (penalties being the largest annoyance).. have not had PES since PES 6 on PS2....

Har0ld x9 wrote: »

Yea I have it. Its great, really good :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 868 ✭✭✭tdv

gavredking wrote: »

Im into my 3rd season on ML & havent been given one penalty yet. So the penalties havent really become an issue for me yet.

I think the free-kicks seem to be alot easier to score this year tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭tosh_thedude

And heres an option file from pesfan site by 'Rosh'... Its quality has all the transfers, kits, player names etc done. The man is a legend, spent 15hours getting it sorted...

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=73442

Yeah its excellent... I dont think I could play it without it.

Has anyone ever got a decision from diving?! The ref never gives them... so whats the point. I guess cheating in football doesnt pay... eh Henry! :D :rolleyes:

thorbarry wrote: »
    Man I am playing as Arsenal, and Walcott is not that great at all, speed? sure he is faster, but almost every defender will catch him and muscle him off the ball, its very frustrating. Van persie is quite good tho

Its very annoying playing the computer this year :(

You need to adjust them 'Sliders' and 'Player Cards' for the players. I found a few of them are setup stange, Balanced or Defensive settings on Attack minded players. Check out this Video from good old youtube, it'll explain better that I ever could, I found it helped alot when your attacking! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L45OxtfVt6g

You need to adjust them 'Sliders' and 'Player Cards' for the players. I found a few of them are setup stange, Balanced or Defensive settings on Attack minded players. Check out this Video from good old youtube, it'll explain better that I ever could, I found it helped alot when your attacking! :)

oh yes, awesome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 blueharvest

Heya, just wondering if PES 10 is any good compared to PES 9??

Heya, just wondering if PES 10 is any good compared to PES 9??
    yes it's better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Har0ld x9

PES 2010 is much better... to enhance the experience i would recommend downloading the teams update attached by a previous poster.. its the small things that add so much :)

After more than 250 matches, I finally got a penalty...but I missed it:mad:

I'm not all that bothered to be honest though cos scoring from a freekick feels so much more satisfying.

That being said, I've only scored from 2, but I'm starting to get better.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,153 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Picked this up today for £25 in smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Yeah its excellent... I dont think I could play it without it.
    enjoying PES 2010, only got it last week but it can be annoying (penalties being the largest annoyance).. have not had PES since PES 6 on PS2....

Lads any tips on how to import/install this Option File?

I've read a few pages on that link but with no luck.

Looking to get started on this game so would like to have everything in place before I do.

Fizman wrote: »
    Lads any tips on how to import/install this Option File?

I've read a few pages on that link but with no luck.

Looking to get started on this game so would like to have everything in place before I do.

Create a file on a USB stick called PS3, then simply open the folder you are copying over and transfer everything that is preceded by BLES_

When you can see the files on your PS3 XMB, then simply copy them over one by one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 sinnott2010

does the computer control your players i.e if your gerrard and you have the ball are the rest of your players controlled by the comp also is the become a legand mode any good..?

Great video, that sliders thing explains a lot! My team never pushes fowards, this will make a huge difference!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Has anyone ever got a decision from diving?! The ref never gives them... so whats the point. I guess cheating in football doesnt pay... eh Henry! :D :rolleyes:

It's all about turning quickly as a player is coming at you and then diving when they make an attempt at a tackle. Works at speed and a sharp change of direction!

I managed to win a penalty because of a dive. Opposition player slid in and I went over.

I got my just desserts cos I missed....again, 4 penalties so far and I missed them all:mad::mad:

• Advertisement

aaronh007 wrote: »
    I managed to win a penalty because of a dive. Opposition player slid in and I went over.

I got my just desserts cos I missed....again, 4 penalties so far and I missed them all:mad::mad:
    I posted earlier on this forum how to take penos. Basically how long you hold the shoot button determines the height and you choose direction right before the ball is kicked, not before then or it will go wide.

Advertisement