Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evo 2010

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

I P Freely wrote: »
    Do you have to be hooked up to the internet to do this. I tried this yesterday but when I went into System Settings > Download it said there was no Ethernet cable connected?

Ya you need a connection alright. Not sure how it's done with no internet connection. If you go to Rosh's page where the link is theres a forum there that might be able to help

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭travispickle8

I can't get a proper game online anymore on Xbox live, everybody I get matched up with has a red connection dot, I connect by cable with 8mb download speed.
    At 11pm it seems perfect with no lag .. anyone else have any issues like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

its eircom, they wont admit theyre have contention problems

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭travispickle8

miralize wrote: »
    its eircom, they wont admit theyre have contention problems

I'm with Digiweb.. do they use the same line as Eircom.. what's the story with contention.. How do I find out what my ratio is.

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭gingelion

6th season of ML, winnin almost all games. aguero is just brilliant. still cant score de penalties if i hit it to the side so just stick it down the middle, works most of the time. gettin really good at free kicks tho. tryin to load the arsenal crest onto the xbox from my ipod. anyone been able to do this?

also, anyone got the 35m goal achievement? shootin from miles out all the time but only on 33m so far. goalie always seems to get there to tip it over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

gingelion wrote: »
    also, anyone got the 35m goal achievement? shootin from miles out all the time but only on 33m so far. goalie always seems to get there to tip it over.

Yeah I got that a while ago, from 40m...I was trying for ages trying all shots when one day I won the ball on the edge of my box, and started a counter attack. Brought the ball inside their half and said screw it I'll chance the shot and it flew in. Terrible keeping though because he really should have saved it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

tryin to load the arsenal crest onto the xbox from my ipod. anyone been able to do this?

You'll need other equipment (Xploder) to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

6th season of ML, winnin almost all games. aguero is just brilliant. still cant score de penalties if i hit it to the side so just stick it down the middle, works most of the time. gettin really good at free kicks tho. tryin to load the arsenal crest onto the xbox from my ipod. anyone been able to do this?

Peno's get easy after a while. Go to training and practice them. You hold down square to choose height, so just tap it for a low peno and then choose the direction about half way through the run up. If you do it too early you'll hit it wide, too late and it will just go straight.

Cheers lads, ill try all that stuff today. especially the penos. although its probly a waste of time cos i never get them anyway. still itll be handy if im playin against a mate and the game goes to penalties. never wouldve thought of picking direction after pressing shoot.

ill get the 35m eventually. was easier last year cos you could use the long ball button from inside ur own half. scored some savage goals that way. 54m out with one of them. doesnt seem to work too good in this years game tho. if i can get computer goalie to come up for a corner ill be laughin. keep knockin it out for corners at the end of a game if im only 1-0 up but it hasnt worked yet. i remember in last yrs game playin against world xi and their keeper would usually come up to take the free kicks. that was handy.

Xploder? ill try that if i cant get a loan of the live vision camera. think i saw one in town for cheapish yesterday. maybe gamestop have some 2nd hand ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Anyone else playing ML on the hardest difficulty setting?

I am in my sixth season and while the computer regularly cheats, it is nothing compared to what I am currently putting up with.

I have lost 8 of my first 14 games. Some of the results and the way the matches go are just crazy, you are away from home so your players run like they are in sludge (even with a nice green arrow and plenty of stamina I should point out), when the opposition gets wide your fullbacks slow down to allow them to get the cross in (number one source of goal), chip through balls by the computer always catch your (faster) defenders off balance and when you try and bring your keeper out to catch what should be an easy collect he stutters or starts to come and then goes back and the cpu gets there first. YOU NEVER GET THERE FIRST ONCE THE CPU KEEPER LEAVES HIS GOAL.

Blatant penalties not given again and again. That "thud" the game does right before the ref awards a free happens again and again TO YOU but no free is awarded.

Honest to god, its the best PES in a while but are Konami so lazy in implementing a hard mode that they had to change the rules to make it harder? I wouldn't mind if they were playing through me but FFS, refs against you, your players becoming disabled, every x tackle resulting in a foul against you.

I could nearly break this disc. Lazy ******* Konami.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Ah yes, the "Impossible" difficulty. So often I have found myself in the situations you mentioned Noodler.

The away day "treacle" running where no matter how fast your player is supposed to be he just can seem to get out of snail mode...

And the penalties, I have had at least 10 stone wall cert penalties turned down in my current season. My player gets absolutely hacked off the ball and it trickles back to their keeper and they launch a counter while my player lies injured.

The free kick thing is one of the most annoying things that happens in "impossible" mode. Winning the ball is sometimes deemed a foul against me and it drives me insane to the point of almost throwing the game away. But I persevere. Yet the game continues to annoy me.

There seems to be a thing about this pro evo, that when you're playing away to a team, any team for that matter, a moment occurs where it is absolutely impossible to stop the opposition from scoring. You can try as hard as you can but by the laws of Konami, that team is going to score. Either by means of goalkeeper gaffe (happens quite a lot), winning and then scoring a free kick outside the box, diving and winning a penalty...you name it, the game finds a way to score.

And keepers coming out, stopping, coming out again , stopping....Don't get me started. I've conceded far too many goals cos captain "can't-make-up-his-mind" dithers when I call him out. The funniest/anger inducing moment was when the opposition (AC Milan) punt the ball forward, the keeper comes out to make a headed clearance, stops, and tries a header again...ball goes over his head and the opposition player (Pato) scores a tap-in....

/rant

impossible difficulty? i can only play top player level. is there a higher one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

noodler wrote: »
    Anyone else playing ML on the hardest difficulty setting?

I am in my sixth season and while the computer regularly cheats, it is nothing compared to what I am currently putting up with.

I have lost 8 of my first 14 games. Some of the results and the way the matches go are just crazy, you are away from home so your players run like they are in sludge (even with a nice green arrow and plenty of stamina I should point out), when the opposition gets wide your fullbacks slow down to allow them to get the cross in (number one source of goal), chip through balls by the computer always catch your (faster) defenders off balance and when you try and bring your keeper out to catch what should be an easy collect he stutters or starts to come and then goes back and the cpu gets there first. YOU NEVER GET THERE FIRST ONCE THE CPU KEEPER LEAVES HIS GOAL.

Blatant penalties not given again and again. That "thud" the game does right before the ref awards a free happens again and again TO YOU but no free is awarded.

Honest to god, its the best PES in a while but are Konami so lazy in implementing a hard mode that they had to change the rules to make it harder? I wouldn't mind if they were playing through me but FFS, refs against you, your players becoming disabled, every x tackle resulting in a foul against you.

I could nearly break this disc. Lazy ******* Konami.

lol yeah I know what you are talking about. It seems to be as you are executing a pass/shot the computer hacks the legs off you and gets away with it. Massive glitch.
    Although I regularly take advantage of the late tackles after a pass is played. The ref never brings the play back to book you later.

lol yeah I know what you are talking about. It seems to be as you are executing a pass/shot the computer hacks the legs off you and gets away with it. Massive glitch.
    Although I regularly take advantage of the late tackles after a pass is played. The ref never brings the play back to book you later.

I love doin that.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Hey guys does anyone know if it's possible to play 2v2 online with 2 people playing on the same xbox on the same team? thanks

It is indeed, at least on ps3. Just go to add guest user when starting a match

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

hey
    anyone seen any offers on pro evo around?
    dont see any offers online so i presume it can be bought for a similar price in a store

finally got 35m goal today. with fabregas. it was sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Pity you cant upload to Youtube easily like Fifa...

Yeah, could still do it but it involves a lot of messin about

• Advertisement

finally got 35m goal today. with fabregas. it was sweet

I scored mine with Berbatov, but I didn't even shoot. I played an overhead through ball and the keeper slid in to clear it for some reason. Went over his head. Bit bizarre

nice. its weird when stuff like that happens. once i'm a couple of goals up if i've got the ball in the middle and there's no defenders in front of me i just hammer it. been tryin to get that achievement since i got it but this time it just worked out well. usually the goalie would scramble back to tip it over but this one was just a rocket in the top corner. exactly 35m out.

nice. its weird when stuff like that happens. once i'm a couple of goals up if i've got the ball in the middle and there's no defenders in front of me i just hammer it. been tryin to get that achievement since i got it but this time it just worked out well. usually the goalie would scramble back to tip it over but this one was just a rocket in the top corner. exactly 35m out.

Any chance of uploading it?

have to figure ou how. no broadband in the gaff but if i can get onto xbox live through my laptop i should be able to. gotta get an ethernet cable though and still not sure if it'll work cos i've only got crappy O2 internet for the laptop.

if i can get it to work tho i'll lob up a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

It's now a few months since it's release and I have to say, I'm bored with it which is a first in my years of playing PES. Will be making the switch to FIFA in October. Playing the game is a totally unsatisfying experience. Too many glitches in the gameplay which to call the game great.

The glitches themselves wouldn't be so bad if there had at least been some effort to correct them instead of ****ty add-ons like new boots or balls.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Whats the online play like?
    pes 09 for me there was massive lag or something,dribbling straight with the ball next thing the balls behind me,is it my bad connection or anyone else suffer this?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Whats the online play like?
    pes 09 for me there was massive lag or something,dribbling straight with the ball next thing the balls behind me,is it my bad connection or anyone else suffer this?
    PES2009 was shocking online. This one is a massive improvement. If you are clever enough you should be able to play most games lag free. Sometimes you get lads though and their connection turns red after the match starts, that usually ends up in a laggy game. The lag is different in this game. It doesn't slow down and the ball doesn't magically move but what happens is you press a button and 2 seconds later the action happens. It's terrible when it happens but it rarely happens me anymore. Never ever play a quick match. This is where people with bad connections go cos once the match is made starts you can't quit out of it without losing points. In the lobbys you can see peoples connection colour (green orange red) before starting the match.

As for testing your speed,

speedtest.net will tell you your speed. Upload speed is important for PES and you want about .5MB - 1MB speed for a good enough game.

I think konami have a speedtester on their site too.

http://www.konami.jp/we/online/2010/?tg=gb&pf=ps3&pg=speed

budgemook wrote: »
    PES2009 was shocking online. This one is a massive improvement. If you are clever enough you should be able to play most games lag free. Sometimes you get lads though and their connection turns red after the match starts, that usually ends up in a laggy game. The lag is different in this game. It doesn't slow down and the ball doesn't magically move but what happens is you press a button and 2 seconds later the action happens. It's terrible when it happens but it rarely happens me anymore. Never ever play a quick match. This is where people with bad connections go cos once the match is made starts you can't quit out of it without losing points. In the lobbys you can see peoples connection colour (green orange red) before starting the match.

As for testing your speed,

speedtest.net will tell you your speed. Upload speed is important for PES and you want about .5MB - 1MB speed for a good enough game.

I think konami have a speedtester on their site too.

http://www.konami.jp/we/online/2010/?tg=gb&pf=ps3&pg=speed

Thanks,ya what you said there is exactly what was happening to me on pes09,I just got xbox live and was goin into quick match,my connection was green and there was red and lots of problems,no problems playing halo or gears of war just pes,thats why I asked about pes10 was it the same

As for my speed,I'm just about in those limits(best I can get in the middle of nowhere)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I got to a point in my Master League campaign when it wasn't even a challenge. I had such an amazing team that I regularly won 7-0 so I decided to start again.

This time I'm using Athletic Bilbao with the default players and have a budget of only 9M. I struggled through the first half of the season with a couple of wins (Top Player difficulty) and even managed about 5 goals. The default player Guiterrez isn't too bad.

Anyway the transfer window came along and I risked the future of the club by spending 8M on Negredo from R. Madrid and about 1M on Diomansky Kamara. I thought that with those two up front I'd score more and get back into the Europa League. I've never been more wrong about any players ever in Pro Evo. After 15 games they only have 3 goals between them. My new defensive midfield has 3 himself.

Anyone else have any spectacular misfires in the transfer market?

• Advertisement

I see now online they changed the connection colour to grey,whats thats about?

Advertisement