Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted a King Charles Dog

Options
  • 21-10-2009 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

My dog of 13years Lady died last sat, oh we are very uspet, miss her so much and the house isnt the same with out a dog.

Just wondering if any one knew of any one having a King Charles dog.
    not a puppy, an older dog would be better.

thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

I would check out your local shelters/spcas etc, we have two rehoming threads in the Animal Welfare subforum (see top of forum page) and perhaps you may find another lovely King Charles to add to your family. I'm sorry for the loss of Lady by the way, it's so hard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭rockofrepublic

oh cool i will have a look on there thank you...was on done deal last nite and saw a dog there for sale only the fella aint answeing the phone!!

Oh its so hard, she was part of the family and everyone loved her. she had a very good life and was treated very well by us..she was spoilt..she such a pet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

Sorry to hear about Lady :( Have a one year old Cav and wuld be lost without her.

Check out www.ckcsrescue.com, they usually have Cavs over 2 years of age.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

5 year old Susie on here http://www.irishanimals.ie/spanielsetters_homes.html is looking for a forever home

Paul91 wrote: »
    5 year old Susie on here http://www.irishanimals.ie/spanielsetters_homes.html is looking for a forever home

Oh god, she's a stunning little girl. Looks like she's had a tough time of it :(

She's in Dog Action Welfare Group in Cork. Does anyone know if they have the facilities to do a homecheck in Dublin or happen to have a copy of their rehoming policy? I'm trying to get onto their website but no luck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

00112984 wrote: »
    Oh god, she's a stunning little girl. Looks like she's had a tough time of it :(

She's in Dog Action Welfare Group in Cork. Does anyone know if they have the facilities to do a homecheck in Dublin or happen to have a copy of their rehoming policy? I'm trying to get onto their website but no luck.

Hi there, I had a home check from them not too long ago, an have contact details, i think they might be able to team up with a group in Dublin (not 100%) PM me your details, phone and name - and i'll pass it on?

Just spotted a telephone number and email on the irishanimals.ie website for DAWG (086-3457488) and info@dogactionwelfaregroup.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Just want to say, well done for trying the rescue route and so sorry to hear about your dog. www.ckcsrescue.com have dogs most of the time, prob your best bet. Good luck!

Paul91 wrote: »
    Hi there, I had a home check from them not too long ago, an have contact details, i think they might be able to team up with a group in Dublin (not 100%) PM me your details, phone and name - and i'll pass it on?

Just spotted a telephone number and email on the irishanimals.ie website for DAWG (086-3457488) and info@dogactionwelfaregroup.ie

Thanks a mill, Paul.

Sent them an e-mail before I saw your response. I was thinking that, if it came to it, I could ask somewhere here on Boards who does homechecks for another organisation to do a HC if DAWG agreed but we'll see.

Have to convince my husband that we have room for another fur ball. Have offered to fore-go my birthday present from him in favour of adoption fees :o

Thanks every one for all yer help....i was on to my mom and we want 2 get a rescue dog give them a better life than they previously had....no dog could ever replace our lil angel Lady, she had a wonderful happy life but its so hard that she is gone. I miss her so much and she was a great part of my life, she meant the world to me and its upsetting me so much that she is gone.

Thanks every one for all yer help....i was on to my mom and we want 2 get a rescue dog give them a better life than they previously had....no dog could ever replace our lil angel Lady, she had a wonderful happy life but its so hard that she is gone. I miss her so much and she was a great part of my life, she meant the world to me and its upsetting me so much that she is gone.

I know it's no consolation but 13 is a good age for a Cav and it sounds like she was doted upon and had a lovely life.

• Advertisement

oh she was, every one in the village knew her, she was spoilt, i will upload a pic of her....she loved being out in the garden and sleeping, she loved her basket and had many beds in the house.

this is her!! Lady x x x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Just incase you want to have a read or post pictures/stories in it
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054924749 is the departed pets thread, a lot of people have posted some lovely things that sometimes helps cope with the loss of a loved one.

edit- just saw the photos, she was a beautiful thing!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

Maybe Sooty could be the madra for you.
    http://dogsindistress.org/blog/?p=2403

Also, I'm so sorry about your ckc. I lost my ckc last year at the old age of 14. Saddest day of my life!! I hope you're ok.
    picture.php?albumid=284&pictureid=1371

Advertisement