Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CFT Insurance

• 21-10-2009 4:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭

I'm insured through CFT, but lately most of my dives are with PADI trained buddies. Just wondering if I'm still covered while diving with PADI buddies? And while on the subject, what are your opinions on CFT insurance? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭tedshredsonfire

dan if travelling at all and you can insure a club for a lot cheaper with dan too but individual insurance while diving at home was an issue but may not be now.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

CFt Insurance FAQs- I suggest you contact the office for any clarification.

http://www.cft.ie/insurance.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭scubakid

Your better off with DAN insurance. I think it's €60 euro for the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

Will someone please answer this question once and for all. What does the CFT Insurance cover you for??

Chamber visitsperhaps or if you drown a trainee??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Click on link in post # 3 above

Seadeuce

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭scubakid

loctite wrote: »
    Will someone please answer this question once and for all. What does the CFT Insurance cover you for??

Chamber visitsperhaps or if you drown a trainee??
    It's a big grey area that practically everyone will give you a different answer.. It's only right that you should be fully covered as a member of CFT but at the end of the day, you are guaranteed with DAN.. No good ringing CFT if your severly bent and can't get you sorted

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sharknose

seadeuce wrote: »
    Click on link in post # 3 above

Seadeuce

"File can no longer be found"

I'm having trouble finding out what CFT Insurance actually covers. Have failed to find details on their website :(

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Insurance documents have been moved to the 'COMS' section. You need to be a member to access this section.

The contact number for the Insurance company is on the back of the Brevet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

The insurance and type of insurance had changed in the last 4-5 years . Its a much better policy than before and covers alot more and indeed if instructing on a course etc .

You must be a member of a club to availe of this insurance policy .

If you are going to be diving with both CFT and non CFT divers AFAICR you are well covered . But i would check it .

Call louise for details in the office

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Irish Underwater Council

Hi True Blue SAC thanks for your post!

Yes all of the insurance summaries and policies are in the COMS section of the website so that any member can access them (see documents / insurance).

Just to answer the questions re what the insurance covers you for. Simply it covers you for all diving, snorkelling and CFT activities at home or abroad once your diving within the CFT rules & regs. It covers public liability and personal accident for you, your instructors and Committee members. It is an umbrella policy which aims to safeguard our members and our clubs which are the heart of CFT.

I am happy to talk to anyone who has queries on it but please be reassured we have put a lot of work into this policy to make sure our members are covered to the best possible standard and we believe our insurance product is as comprehensive as you can get. Please call me on 01 2844601 if you have any further queries.

• Advertisement
Advertisement