Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying english Nokia 5800, need unlock

• 21-10-2009 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey guys, im planning on buying an english nokia 5800 to save some money and im thinking i might buy a locked one and get it even cheaper! just wondering if irish unlock shops can unlock phones that are on say t-moblie and if itl work with my metoer sim! is anyone else in or was in the same situation!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I would recommend you buy it and get it unlocked by "Mobile Phone Solutions" for €20. The man provides a fast and friendly service and would always recommend him.

WEB: http://mobilephonesol utions.ie/forum/showthread.php?p=56#post56

Oops, looks like ya can't put in the web address. google ******** or ******************** and you'l find his details

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I would recommend you buy it and get it unlocked by "Mobile Phone Solutions" for €20. The man provides a fast and friendly service and would always recommend him.

WEB: http://mobilephonesol utions.ie/forum/showthread.php?p=56#post56

Oops, looks like ya can't put in the web address. google ******** or ******************** and you'l find his details

what the duece? why are they all censored?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dankoozy wrote: »
    what the duece? why are they all censored?

Not allowed talk about that company on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Davy wrote: »
    Not allowed talk about that company on here
    Oh right, I wasnt aware we weren't allowed talk about that company

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭voyager

Hi guys, i have used this company on many occasions, very good service, good prices and quick return of your phone, whats the story with not being able to talk about the company.

voyager :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

is it even worth the trouble of getting a locked phone and unlocking it? sure the subsidies on prepaid phones are almost non existent? even on phones that are supposed to be 'hard' to unlock

also before you get it check to make sure there isn't a huge ****er of a T-Mobile logo on the front of it some networks have been known to show pictures of 'plain' phones when the actual units sold are covered with branding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Dankoozy wrote: »
    is it even worth the trouble of getting a locked phone and unlocking it? sure the subsidies on prepaid phones are almost non existent? even on phones that are supposed to be 'hard' to unlock

also before you get it check to make sure there isn't a huge ****er of a T-Mobile logo on the front of it some networks have been known to show pictures of 'plain' phones when the actual units sold are covered with branding

If the price is right why not, its only about €20 to unlock the 5800.

If the pic shows no logo, thats the way the phone should come.

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Oh right, I wasnt aware we weren't allowed talk about that company

I think its more about the shop being pimped/advertised excessively than a major problem. Im sure random for tom would give you more info on it

Advertisement