Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

KC Blakes reviews

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

lovelyhome wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Are you sure? I know they have the KC Blakes pantry but I do not think it would be in anyway feasible that this could be done long-term with any degree of success.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭simongurnick

chilly wrote: »
    I second White Gables. It's a little bit outside town but it is always nice and the menu would certainly appeal to all age groups. If you want to give the food a try they now run a shop selling dishes that they serve in the restaurant that you can buy and take home and eat.The shop is beside the restaurant. They aren't too expensive in the shop. It would be a good way of seeing if you like the food.

I think KC Blakes run a similar shop where you can buy their dishes to take home. It used to be in Knocknacarra. I like KC Blakes food but if I was you I would avoid it for a wedding party. Anytime I've been there the staff have been very focused on getting a very fast turn over of customers.The courses fly out the door to you and you usually get the bill along with the desert.They do not encourage you to take your time over things at all and get narky if you do.It's not a physically comfortable atmosphere.They often used to cram 4 people into tables that could barely accomodate two.Definitely no room to put your elbows on the table there! Unless the place has changed alot then the atmosphere isn't conducive to being sociable or relaxed at all.I don't think it would work for a family celebration.

Have you thought of the Pullman Carriage Restaurant at Glenlo Abbey ? I've heard recently that the food is lovely there. The environment is lovely and a bit different so it could be very nice for a celebration and for photos.

Most places have sample menus online if you want to check up on them btw.
    White Gables : http://www.whitegables.com/menus.html
    Pullman Restaurant : http://www.pullmanrestaurant.com/

White Gables all the way. Quality food. Fancy enough for what you want but also laid back at the same time. Staff are great and I've had quiet meals in there and graduation meals where everyone was getting a bit tipsy and the staff didn't mind a bit. Best restaurant in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Good luck with the big day by the way. For the record I think that having a smaller wedding is much more elegant than the big whoopla that some people make of it. I hope you really enjoy it.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement