Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap daily places to eat in Dublin

Options
  • 21-10-2009 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

I'm trying to find a few cheap places to eat in the city centre on a daily basis.
    At the moment I'm surviving on Subways and the €3.95 meal deal in Abrakadabra (all cheap but not too good for you in the long run) :(

Anything out there within temple bar region that's cheap(ish) and (hopefully healthy) like salads, meat mash potatoes, that doesnt give you a big restaurant bill..? :-\

Yours hungry,
    Michael

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

You could always make your own lunch and have it in St. Stephens' Green park. It works out a lot cheaper.

As for Temple Bar I'm not sure what the cheapest place is. If there's a group of you maybe try The Woolshed on Parnell Street. They do big platters for 3-4 people. Nice too.

Their menu is here:

http://www.woolshedbaa.com/Menu.html

I don't really eat in Dublin on a regular basis but the last time I ate in Dublin I tried the Woolshed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

Gourmet Burger Kitchen (there's one in Temple Bar square) have an offer on of €5 for any burger before 5pm. That and a carafe of water should make for a cheap lunch. The burgers are very filling too, fwiw :) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 corkage

Govindas on Merrion Row,Abbey Street and Angier Street, offer a plate of veg and salad for 6.95,the quality of the food is very good, and you will get more than the required amount of daily veg to please your doctor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Helen G

Insomnia are doing great deals, sandwich and coffee for €5

Advertisement