Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to buy harvietoun ola dubh in Cork?

• 21-10-2009 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Does anyone know where I can get this stuff in cork?

Harviestoun+Ola+Dubh.gif
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Gary Numan wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I can get this stuff in cork?

Harviestoun+Ola+Dubh.gif

I'm quite sure it's not in Bradley's or Abbots but I'll try and find out for you, if it's not there it's basically not in Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

They have it in the large Eurospar in Passage West - which has a surprisingly large range of foreign beers. I picked up a couple of bottles a few weeks ago - got them for 2.79 each because they had no price listed or even in their system. Have seen them marked at about two euro more since then.

edit: I think it's just the 12 yr one they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,185 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

They have it in the large Eurospar in Passage West - which has a surprisingly large range of foreign beers. I picked up a couple of bottles a few weeks ago - got them for 2.79 each because they had no price listed or even in their system. Have seen them marked at about two euro more since then.

edit: I think it's just the 12 yr one they have.

Eh, not any more, they don't. Bought the last 5 bottles off the shelf today.
    It didn't scan so the cashier put it through as Bud Lite !!
    €1.89. Happy days!!
    A couple going into my ageing beer box now - should mature nicely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Eh, not any more, they don't. Bought the last 5 bottles off the shelf today.
    !
    :):):)

Yeah, half the stuff there doesn't scan. Got a free bottle of Kriek there one day coz the assistant couldn't be bothered chasing it up.

Some of the prices there are crazy though.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

That place sounds like its worth a visit if they are giving away premium beer like this for the price of a bud light :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭batmanzed

greetings, new user here.
    I heard about Ola Dubh on Moncrief a good few weeks back and haven't been able to find it. Anybody know where i might find it in Kildare, or Dublin at a push

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Redmond's of Ranelagh would probably be your best bet. I've seen it in Sweeney's of Glasnevin, but that was a while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Is it yourself

DrinkStore have it available online for delivery anywhere in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

Redmonds definitely have it, well they did on Tuesday anyway. It's on a separate shelf (between the first two chilled beer fridges) with Fullers Vintage and a couple of other of that ilk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭batmanzed

Got it in Redmonds alright, and worth the trip!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

The 16 year is available in Bradley's on North Main st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cruciform

I saw it in Molloys off licence in Clonsilla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭bottlerocket

Anyone seen this in Limerick? Tried Macs and O'Briens, neither of them have it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

should this be drunk chilled or at room temperature ?

I have a bottle of it at home, cost over €4 in Sweeneys.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Definitely not chilled. Room temperature or a fraction below, like a port, basically.

Advertisement