Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebook Pages (for business)

Options
  • 21-10-2009 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭

Somebody asked me to set up a facebook 'page' for their business (where people can become a 'fan'). I duly did this but it seems to be linked to my own profile. I would much prefer a general log in which just brings me to the facebook 'page' so I can share the password etc.

Every time I log in it just brings me to MY page in MY name then I can edit the other business page. Now, people delegate tasks all the time and linking it to the person who sets it up is very awkward.

If you're interested, the guy who asked me did try and set one up but said he couldn't find the page anywhere on Facebook after it was set up.

So, I ask, has anyone a way of delinking the business page from a personal page?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

There is a way around it. If you are managing a 'fan page' then the default is to see your own personal profile after you login. You then have to find the fan page by using the search box. I wish that Facebook would just have a shortcut to jump to your fan pages.

The way to delink yourself is to make somebody else a page admin and then asking them to remove you as an admin. Bear in mind that when you post status updates on the fan page you manage they don't appear a sif they are coming from your personal profile.

Another solution is to set up a Facebook business account which allows you to manage fan pages but you can't interact with other Facebook users. This might be the best solution for you.

Advertisement