Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

match thread- Real Madrid VS AC Milan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Was anyone else wishing for a punch up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

PATO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha brilliant!

Best 30 mins of football ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Milan robbed of a perfect goal there.

Also girliest slap to the head in the history of football by Ronaldinho. Embarrassing. Where did it all go wrong for that guy?

As i type PAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Mug defending from Madrid. Where the hell was Marcelo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That GOAL stands! 3-2 Pato again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Chalk that one up, Pato.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,047 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

That should be 4-2.

Super goal.

Ronaldinho will get banned because he was stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

2-3 Milan, I suppose my might be a dull game is a bit wrong now. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lol

some things never change with madrid, awful defending

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Justice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

get in Pato. Justice done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Great goal there..

Madrid, despite their millions are as fragile as ever at the back

Savage second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

This is a very entertaining match.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Shoulda started watching this match sooner :p The disallowed goal shoulda been given

JPA wrote: »
    2-3 Milan, I suppose my might be a dull game is a bit wrong now. :D

To be fair, it was one of the worst for 60 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

kenon wrote: »

+1 end to end stuff. I thought Real were going to stuff them.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Ha deadly, good man Pato. That ref should be shot for ruling out Silva's goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

kenon wrote: »

It is, contrast that with the drivel at stamford bridge.

• Advertisement

Milan back up to playing with 11 men now Ronaldinho is off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

That's it. 2-3
    can't believe i missed the interesting part :mad:

If Milan stopped playing Ronaldinho, bought two decent full-backs, they would actually have a shot at this Champions League thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

cant wait for highlights

Oh, and if Benzema wants to play like he did tonight in the play-off's; roll on France :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,804 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Cracker of a second half.
    That Pato aint half bad.

Oh, and if Benzema wants to play like he did tonight in the play-off's; roll on France :D

Hes been pretty mediocre so far for Real since the start of the season.

Delighted with the result but all it does is give Berlusconi more time to spin his bul**** and avoide investing in the club.

Leonardo is doing the best he can with what he has been given but we desperately need about 4 players to be competitve, the only world class players we have are Pirlo, Ambrosini, Nesta, Silva and Pato. Gattuasso is giving away way too many stupid frees and picking up too many yellows to be counted on anymore, Flaminni isn't getting game time for whatever reason, Seedorf is solid but past his best, same for Zambrotta, Janku, Inzaghi and Oddo, Boriello isn't good enough but he is a workhorse of a striker and will hold the ball up well enough when given the games. I think the Huntelaar experiment is failing because we don't play with wingers and getting on the end of crosses is his bread and butter, but balls to feet he is gonna struggle and he's not powerful ebough to be a proper targetman.

But, the biggets problem we have is behind the defence.

Roma is a good sub. Stoari is a good sub. Abbiatti is an average 1st choice but dear lord Dida has got to go.

kippy wrote: »
    Cracker of a second half.
    That Pato aint half bad.

Alltime great in the making, been saying it for nearly 2 years now.

I have never seen a 20 year old player who is THAT good, not even Messi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Seaneh wrote: »
    the only world class players we have are Pirlo, Ambrosini, Nesta, Silva and Pato.
    Only five world class players! That's about three more than almost every other club in Europe!

• Advertisement

Certainly took his chances well anyway, both much more difficult to finish than he made them look.

Is he regular for Brazil yet?

Ambrosini is certainly not world class either.

flahavaj wrote: »

not even close
    Ambrosini is certainly not world class either

either is pirlo anymore

D but dear lord Dida has got to go.
    In fairness, he made up for it by preventing Madrid from extending their lead.

If Milan stopped playing Ronaldinho, bought two decent full-backs, they would actually have a shot at this Champions League thing.

Yup, we could play Pirlo more advanced than we are, use Ambrosini and Flamini to hold the midfeild with pirlo and another (Seedorf or a new signing) playing more advanced with Pato supporting a targetman (dunno who, maybe Cavanni or try again for Dzeko) and then two quality fullbacks and a new keeper and we'd be much better off.

Headshot wrote: »
    not even close

either is pirlo anymore

Firstly, he isn't a regular because Dunga has a fascination with fat 27/28 year old strikers, not because he isn't deserving on the start.

Secondly, did you watch the game last wednesday?

Pirlo is almost peerless as a deep laying playmaker, Xavi is about his only peer.

Certainly took his chances well anyway, both much more difficult to finish than he made them look.

Ambrosini is certainly not world class either.

In his position, Ambrosini is as good as anyone in Europe, he's not expected to be an attacking force and nobody will work harder for a team than him.

Pighead wrote: »
    Only five world class players! That's about three more than almost every other club in Europe!

Problem is, outside of that they have very little.

Bonera is a solid back up, nothing more, Flavalli is a joke at this stage, Kaladze hasn't been the same since his injury problems started, oddo is 34 and can't e counted on to produce a great preformance anymore, and thats just the defenders!

Firstly, he isn't a regular because Dunga has a fascination with fat 27/28 year old strikers, not because he isn't deserving on the start.

Pirlo is almost peerless as a deep laying playmaker, Xavi is about his only peer.

In his position, Ambrosini is as good as anyone in Europe, he's not expected to be an attacking force and nobody will work harder for a team than him.

Iv watched pirlo all this season and isnt world class mate, he may have been a few seasons ago but age has caught up with him

regarding brazil

Dunga rathers Nilmar to pato

I'm not denying hes a very good player. World class is a bit of a stretch.

Your list of players was optimistic in general to say the least.

Nesta was certainly world class when he won the world cup four years ago, jury's out as to whether he still is.

I'll giev you Pirlo, but uts certainly debateable.

Ambrosini, Silva, just no.

Pato, potentially world class (most likely will be), premature to call him so yet.

Put it this way, if Milan truly had 5 world class players they wouldn't be in the state of decline that they are.

Theres hardly a club in the world that can claim 5 world class players on their books, Milan CERTAINLY aren't one of them.

There's no questioning his ability, the question is whether he's arsed to play at the top level every game. Seen him play brutally in two Serie A games this season against Atalanta and Inter.

• Advertisement

I'm not denying hes a very good player. World class is a bit of a stretch.

Your list of players was optimistic in general to say the least.

Nesta was certainly world class when he won the world cup four years ago, jury's out as to whether he still is.

I'll giev you Pirlo, but uts certainly debateable.

Ambrosini, Silva, just no.

Pato, potentially world class (most likely will be), premature to call him so yet.

Put it this way, if Milan truly had 5 world class players they wouldn't be in the state of decline that they are.

Theres hardly a club in the world that can claim 5 world class players on their books, Milan CERTAINLY aren't one of them.

Ambrosini would walk onto most teams, only Chelsea would be though for him.

Silva is world class, he reads the game very well for a 24 year old. he is fast, strong, great in the air and good in the tackle and on top of that he is a ball playing centre back.

Nesta has proved in the last 14 games this season that he is still one of the best there is, certainly better than any other CB in Italy and would walk into any team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

Delighted with the result but all it does is give Berlusconi more time to spin his bul**** and avoide investing in the club.

I think Il Cavaliere Berlusconi has other things on his plate at the moment including a judgment to pay 750 million Euros to a business rival from whom he usurped (through bribing judges) Italy's largest publishing company 15 years ago.

Imagine what you could buy with that.

Good win for Juve tonight (albeit with a poor first half display) and with Bayern losing Group A is looking interesting. Buffon made 3 miracle saves.

There's no questioning his ability, the question is whether he's arsed to play at the top level every game. Seen him play brutally in two Serie A games this season against Atalanta and Inter.

Xavi vs Almeria, he was terrible! all players have bad days.

I question his desire at times but then you see games like last week and even tonigh where he ran his socks off and I see the player who basically perfected the deep laying playmaker position. There isn't a better brain in football today.

I think Il Cavaliere Berlusconi has other things on his plate at the moment including a judgment to pay 750 million Euros to a business rival from whom he usurped (through bribing judges) Italy's largest publishing company 15 years ago.

Imagine what you could buy with that.

Good win for Juve tonight (albeit with a poor first half display) and with Bayern losing Group A is looking interesting. Buffon made 3 miracle saves.

He could sell Milan in the morning if he wanted, he has said it countless times that people have offered to take over or contacted him about investing in the team but he is a stubborn fecker and even though he isn't willing to invest while he is running Italy (because he can't be seen to be throwing money around on his play thing while Italy is in the economic shíts) he still won't let anyone else step in and do it for him.

Also, the man is worth what, 9billion? 750 million is nothing, sure Abramociv lost 10 times that in the last 4 years!

Ambrosini would walk onto most teams, only Chelsea would be though for him.

Silva is world class, he reads the game very well for a 24 year old. he is fast, strong, great in the air and good in the tackle and on top of that he is a ball playing centre back.

Nesta has proved in the last 14 games this season that he is still one of the best there is, certainly better than any other CB in Italy and would walk into any team.

You have a very lenient view of whats world class to be honest.

To me world class implies the absolute elite players in the world and constitutes only a handful of players. Guys like Ambrosini and Silva aren't in that bracket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭ironingbored

he is a stubborn fecker and even though he isn't willing to invest while he is running Italy (because he can't be seen to be throwing money around on his play thing while Italy is in the economic shíts) he still won't let anyone else step in and do it for him.

Italy has been in the economic doldrums since he first came to power in 1994.

He has invested heavily in the past while Prime Minister.

I would love him to sell up so that Milan could regain some of its pride.

• Advertisement

I can't think of any team either would struggle to get into?

Italy has been in the economic doldrums since he first came to power in 1994.

He has invested heavily in the past while Prime Minister.

I would love him to sell up so that Milan could regain some of its pride.

I agree totally about your point but for the last 3 years he has been more worried about publin image than before and has talked endlessly about Milan being more frugal etc, where as before he was happy to spend (Netsa, Rui Costa etc) when the squad needed.

He needs to either let go or be what he needs to be to the club.

I can't think of any team either would struggle to get into?

I'd rather name better players in similar roles who have more of a claim to be world class:

Ambrosini:Essien, Yaya Toure, Mascherano, Cambiasso, de Rossi all better players in similar positions to Ambrosini.

Silva: Vidic, Ferdinand, Chiellini, Terry, all world class defenders I'd rather have in my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I thought Seedorf had an excellent match tonight,his passing was sublime.

I'd rather name better players in similar roles who have more of a claim to be world class:

Ambrosini: Yaya Toure,

Silva: Chiellini.

I really don't agree there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement