Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stamp Duty on Amex Card (issued be Bank of Ireland)

Options
  • 21-10-2009 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭

Hi, I have a Blue Amex card from Bank Of Ireland, I already paid the stamp duty this year. but today they sent me a letter saying they are delisting the card from 1st of Nov and charging me the goverment duty, so in essence I have to pay the dury twice. Is this legal? shouldn't they only charge pro-rata for the number of month since last I paid it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi, I have a Blue Amex card from Bank Of Ireland, I already paid the stamp duty this year. but today they sent me a letter saying they are delisting the card from 1st of Nov and charging me the goverment duty, so in essence I have to pay the dury twice. Is this legal? shouldn't they only charge pro-rata for the number of month since last I paid it.

Stamp duty is paid in arrears, so the SD you paid last April was for 2008, so now that are taking the 2009 SD early.

If you get a new card in 2009, the SD paid for the blue card will cover you for the rest of the year.

Advertisement