Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GFX card fan controllers?

Options
  • 21-10-2009 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭

I've got a 260 GTX and I've also just downloaded Rivatuner. What other programs are out there to control the GFX fan?

I had one previously and I cannot for the life of me remember the name of it altho not sure if it was radeon specific. The reason I liked it was because it had a tab where it opened a picture of a space ship and that maxxed out the GPU so you could see you heat vs fan speed stepping in action.

I can't see anything like that in the current version of riva.

Any suggestions very welcome.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

This new tool Afterburner is great, its developed by Msi and supports both Nvidia and Ati gpu's. They've even paid Unwinder (the guy who develops Rivatuner) and for his help, so its actually ended up better than Rivatunerbut v similar

• Registered Users Posts: 82,405 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Is there anything like Windows 7 hybrid thingaling: in power schemes you can pick what method of cooling takes priority: Underclocking vs. Fanspeed. Better for laptops on battery, or when you dont want fan noise, to just have the CPU clock down.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    This new tool Afterburner is great, its developed by Msi and supports both Nvidia and Ati gpu's. They've even paid Unwinder (the guy who develops Rivatuner) and for his help, so its actually ended up better than Rivatunerbut v similar

Seems to suggest it only supports MSI cards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Seems to suggest it only supports MSI cards?

Nope, all on XS is praising it ;)

Works on my XFX 4870x2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Oooh, tis rather nice. CHeers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement