Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PES 2010 Online Impressions

Options
  • 21-10-2009 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭

Could people who get the game over the coming days post their impressions of the online in this thread. Could you review the new menus (compared to previous version), how easy it is to get a game and whats the lag like etc..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭MuddyDog

I got the game this morning in the post.
    Online is far far far far far better than 09. I've played 5 games online. In only one of them was there a tiny bit of lag. Every other game was pretty much flawless. Fair play to konami. Also 2v2 is simple to set up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

i tried a few times yesterday, couldn't get a game going for a while, and when i eventually did it quite after a very laggy 20-30 seconds saying something along the lines of "because the transmission condition has deteriorated the game will now quit" or something like that.

I'll take that as being the servers weren't officially open as the game wasn't officially released yesterday, so will try again today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

played a few games and...

am i the only one this happens to.. the reaction times after button presses are way off.. by a second.. i'd press x and it would take the player a second to actually carry out the command.. it was infuriating..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Can't get a game to last past a few seconds. It quits out saying theres network problems. Thats happened 5 or 6 times in a row. Bit of a joke. Might trade it in and get fifa.

Wonder if the xbox version is as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

Played a couple of online games earlier and had no issues with lag. One of them was not even a green connection. No complaints so far in this department from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

mixed views on the pro evo forums about online.. Have'nt had a chance to play the game yet, but Ill be fuming if the online game turns out to be laggy.. I bought fifa 10, its a good game, but it just does'nt feel right.. If this years pro evo turns out to be laggy online, then that'll be the end of me ever buying pro evo again.. They've had years to fix online, every other game I play online is lag free, so I can't see why they can't get pro evo right..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Roar wrote: »

am i the only one this happens to.. the reaction times after button presses are way off.. by a second.. i'd press x and it would take the player a second to actually carry out the command.. it was infuriating..

Are you holding R1 ?

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

rubbish and laggy. thats what it is, every connection is yellow or red and when the game starts very laggy. Im on eircom 7mb broadband so maybe thats the fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

My first game was a bit laggy so I put it down as using a wireless connection. So I connected an ethernet cable from the router to the ps3. Played a 2nd game and the game was lag free. :D

So if anybody is using wireless I'd recommend don't. Use wired.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Im on Eircom 3MB... using wireless... NAT1 by logging into the modem!

Ive played 4 games, NO LAG! Played a guy from Turkey... his connection was RED mine was YELLOW! NO LAG!

People need to just sort their own connection out, as theirs nothing wrong on the PES Server side!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,388 ✭✭✭✭noodler

EGriff wrote: »
    Can't get a game to last past a few seconds. It quits out saying theres network problems. Thats happened 5 or 6 times in a row. Bit of a joke. Might trade it in and get fifa.

Wonder if the xbox version is as bad.
    Roar wrote: »

padr81 wrote: »
    rubbish and laggy. thats what it is, every connection is yellow or red and when the game starts very laggy. Im on eircom 7mb broadband so maybe thats the fault.

Agree with all of this I am afraid.

How exactly do you explain, Flynner, that we all play online games with absolutely no problems except when it comes to playing PES?
    Try not to be so patronizing, I am happy is working okay for you but there are clearly issues on the server side.

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

flynner13 wrote: »
    Im on Eircom 3MB... using wireless... NAT1 by logging into the modem!

Ive played 4 games, NO LAG! Played a guy from Turkey... his connection was RED mine was YELLOW! NO LAG!

People need to just sort their own connection out, as theirs nothing wrong on the PES Server side!

my connection is fine, i've opened all ports, set nat type1, ditched eircoms ****ty dns servers for open dns everything. i get great connection on just about every game made bar Pes, NO excuses, Konami have had forever to fix this and not once got it right on a next gen console.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

noodler wrote: »
    Agree with all of this I am afraid.

How exactly do you explain, Flynner, that we all play online games with absolutely no problems except when it comes to playing PES?
    Try not to be so patronizing, I am happy is working okay for you but there are clearly issues on the server side.

How is it that Im on eircom like most people, Im using 3mb, I log into the modem through PPPOE on the PS3, and I have no problem? and the people im playing against, it doesnt matter what colour their connection is... If there was a problem with the server... I would be lagging along with everyone else! I didnt need to open any ports or anything, just direct log in!

How is it that Im on eircom like most people, Im using 3mb, I log into the modem through PPPOE on the PS3, and I have no problem? and the people im playing against, it doesnt matter what colour their connection is... If there was a problem with the server... I would be lagging along with everyone else! I didnt need to open any ports or anything, just direct log in!

host and il join u k ?

psn im saultigh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

I'm so pissed off with the state of this game, honestly, it's the worst effort of the next gen releases, and i'm very close to taking it back for a swap to Fifa.

Button lag is disgracefully bad, and the animations need time to complete before the command happens. It makes possession play very frustrating.

The graphics are great, no doubt, but for me it's the worst playing game they've ever released.

Just give me PES6 with updated graphics and stats and you've got perfect football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

I've played 5 games, no lag. One game quit in extra time cos of some error about the connection not being good enough. I didn't get a win or a loss.
    In my 5 games, no one has picked the usual Barca or Madrid:)
    So far, it's fantastic. Want to start one of the competitions tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Played a few games online in a friends house last night and it was perfect, no lag. And he is using wireless with the router at the other side of his house! Think it was worse on friday with alot of people online.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭flugel

any game i've played with 2 green connections plays perfectly.

annoys me when i join a match room, other guy has green connection, then when the match starts his goes red, whether mine goes red on his screen or not i dont know.

but i'm glad to say that it great to have it playable online, albeit not all the time for everybody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 tyrellio69

Flynner,
    what exactly do you mean by direct log in?direct login to what on your ps3??I keep getting these ****in connection errors.im so pissed off at this stage.ive lowered my firewall to low as it stands and this ****ing thing still wont allow me avail of what should be a simple and pleasurable experience of a little online gaming.**** KONAMI!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭budgemook

When I got the game a few weeks ago the online mode was great. Recently it's been terrible. Pressing a button results in the action about 1 or 2 seconds later making the game unplayable and IMO worse than last years crap online mode. Maybe my connection is the problem?

627816341.png

Anyone have any thoughts?

Your connection looks good man but it seems to me that Ps Network is deliberately ****ed up,strange as that may sound.If its not a lag its an error or dns failure or connection failure.As far as I'm concerned,Sony have a lot to answer for with regard to the state of ps3 online gaming.

It's such a shame. Had about 30 cracking games of pro online but now i find it unplayable. The game did update but i doubt they broke it with that. Was sorta hoping my upload was too low so at least I would have some sort of explanation.

Who are you tellin!Every evening this week Ive been trying to sort out my eircom (bastard) broadband's ports etc so that I can fianlly access this famous ps network effectively.Ive never ever played pes online yet.Got mod warfare 2 last saturday and finished it today.Im not a big gamer but o my god,what a ****in game!Unbelievable in every respect.I gave months at grand theft auto 4 but i can safely say that it doesnt compare to mw2.Anyway,best of luck with that.Im seriously worried now that youre on almost 9mb of broadband and im only on 3 and u cant get going on pes online.
    Perhaps though it could be in connection with your firewall settings on your router(if it is prepare for hours of laborious bull**** configuration!).:mad:

but it was working great for a few weeks. the odd laggy game but rare but now it's every one. I didn't change anything. I can still play and to look at it it seems perfect but it's just pressing the button takes over a second to register. All I can do is hold down the press tackle button, hope i get the ball, run up the wing and whip in a cross and hope for the best. I actually managed 2 wins with the crap connection though.

I just realised I had a perfect game at about 6.30 but when i played again about 8.30 it was awful. Hmmm, i bet it's contention.

Stupid Ireland and it's low grade broadband.

its not your connection.its fifa again.trying to stop this dumb little nation from progressing in the football world!

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭WindmillWarrior

my internet connection is only 3mb and I have no problems (most of the time anyway)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭saltie

me too 3MB and about 1 in 10/ 15 games has button lag. While its annoying its not that bad that i cant play. If theres button lag i just score 3 own goals to quit the game and lose some ranking points but its not that important to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 eightbal

Can anyone help me play PES 10 online. I keep getting kicked out of the game after a few seconds as the "game condition has worsened". Have 3mb connection using NAT 2. Very frustrating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭D Hayes

eightbal wrote: »
    Can anyone help me play PES 10 online. I keep getting kicked out of the game after a few seconds as the "game condition has worsened". Have 3mb connection using NAT 2. Very frustrating.

Same as myself, more or less the same specs as you. DOn't know if it's NTL connection or what.

Advertisement