Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yet another thread about switching Course...

• 21-10-2009 8:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭

O.K. So currently I'm doing BBS with French. Would it be possible to switch to Law and Accounting after Christmas?

I'm currently doing two modules in the Law and Accounting course with BBS namely Microeconomics and Principles of Accounting.

I have the points required for Law and Accounting and it would probably obviously involve me doing some serious study to catch up on the law side.

So if it is possible, who would I contact about this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Talk to your course director?
    Talk to the law & accounting course director?
    Student academic administration?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Polar Ice wrote: »
    Talk to your course director?
    Talk to the law & accounting course director?
    Student academic administration?

I shall start with them. Thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 meinteil69

talk to aoife finnerty shes the academic advisor for the ulsu she helped me with everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

It's week 7, If you want to do L&A you've already missed probably too much. If you really want to switch it's best to start attending those lectures from today and go to SAA and the course director to sort the paperwork. You'll also need to find an amenable Law and Accounting student to provide notes so far!

No I've just looked at both course structures, it appears that I'll be doing as much accounting in Business as I would in Law and Accounting if I pick it as my major option, and that's the only part I'm interested in, but I'll probably drop French. Thanks for the replies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

BSS+French (with Accounting and Finance as your major) has 12 Accounting, Finance and Tax modules. Law and Accounting also has 12 Accounting, Finance and Taxation modules

BBS+Accounting & Finance Major+Financial Services Minor option = 15 Accounting, Finance and Taxation modules.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

Risteard wrote: »
    No I've just looked at both course structures, it appears that I'll be doing as much accounting in Business as I would in Law and Accounting if I pick it as my major option, and that's the only part I'm interested in, but I'll probably drop French. Thanks for the replies.

Tbh if the end goal is accounting then stick with Business with an Accounting Major. Pretty much exactly the same as what we (L&A) do. The bother of the law isn't worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Switching courses doesnt appear too difficult, as today I discovered a girl in my masters class has transferred to a different masters in UL...
    How one thinks thats a good idea after 7 weeks of a 1 year taught masters I'll never know!

But for an undergraduate course, if you dont like your current choice, then do as has been suggested and speak to your advisor, and course directors.

I spoke to the person in the ULSU and she advised me to talk to my course director but said I'll probably have to wait until after christmas.

I'll be switching to regular business. As said it above it's the same as L+A for what I want to do. I just do not like French.

Advertisement