Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'Is PES2010 Available Yet' Thread

Options
  • 21-10-2009 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭

Post here when you see it being sold. They usually sell it late on the night before at ExtraVision. However, I think there's been cases when shops have sold it earlier by mistake.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭RVN10

i think people need to start annoying shops now ha , i rang a few places this morning all saying tomorrow !

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

D'oh, was hoping that somewhere would have sold a few by now. Gonna try Xtravision at 9.55 tonight just to see if they'll come good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Got it in the post this morning. Thanks Gamesnash! :)

knowing are luck we be waiting till tomorrow , there certinly much intrest about the release of pes on this forum compared to fifa!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,125 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Got it this morning with gamesnash DEAD!!!! handy lol.

Got limited collectors edition of forza 3 as well which looks so cool *Off topic i know*

Gonna go play pro evo shall let you s know what think later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

(turns green reading last part of angerfist2009's post)

Come on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭chavezychavez

Dean820 wrote: »
    (turns green reading last part of angerfist2009's post)

Agreed (shakes fist angrily....geddit :-) )

angerfist2009, please post yer impressions as soon as you can, especially regarding online, even though there's prob nobody bar Gamesnash customers online at the moment.

Ok played one game united vs real.

First thing player animation and overall look of players is much better then fifa they actually look like the players there meant to be.

Now gameplay so far is bothering me its not very smooth compared to fifa its almost like ball is a brick and u bob along the pitch. Passing as in short passes is again so weird looking just no smooth flow to it like fifa. And finally after playing one game what is driving me crazy is when u win ball back the player does this stupid turn thing ??? What the hell im really hoping i get used to this more or else im seriously pissed cause they have made changes to this game but its no longer smooth open football its more like something from the gameboy days.

Ok a slight update to this they have actually made the game better compared to what we have seen of pro evo on 360 ps3 so far im playing on ps3.
    What is setting the game back so much though is fact the players dont run or move smooth it seems so sluggish and movement is messy i keep compared to fifa but if u were to put in the smooth movement of fifa into this game it would be amazing.

Shooting is actually good long shots look much better but again yes me main problem is game seems so sluggish and it is taking away from the experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

been playing it all morning (thanks gamesnash!) and I love it.

Gameplay is a lot more measured. You really have to work to create an opening, move the ball around and back and forward and then back again and so on until you get the right moment to play it into your striker.

even then, shooting seems a lot more difficult than last year, so I've fluffed tonnes of chances I would have stuck in 09.

Bombing down the right as if theres no defence isn't really possible as much, but again, it depends on the circumstances.

one thing I've noticed is teams seem to have a lot more "personality" about them, you can really notice different playing styles and so on.

Graphics are amazing (although you don't really see them on the "wide" camera option), however I have noticed a lot of slowdown on cut scenes, which is a shame.

Online doesnt seem to be workign for me yet but i'm sure the servers will be up and running properly soon.

Have to head to work now but really looking forward to getting stuck in again later.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Got it on pc and I echo what angerfist2009 says, pretty much agree with everything you say.
    Whats more annoying to me is i find no means of setting passing to manual a huge turn off, its just too easy pinging ther ball around when the game defaults to assisted with no way of setting to manual.
    Maybe ive missed something? ill take another look but dont think ive missed anything.
    Its the same with the pc version of fifa 10 but on the 360 you can set all forms of passing to manual, makes a much better experience all round for me.
    Yes ive got all 3 :)

Overall PES 10 is a lot better than recent efforts, if you are trying to choose between fifa 10 and pes 10 FOR PC id say go with pes 10 by a whisker.
    I find the 360 version the pick of the bunch however mostly because of reasons stated above.

Still think fifa is better from what i have seen so far. There is seriously bad movement problems with pro evo just think of how u feel when your running in snown thats how the movement in this game feels. Like i tried with Wayne Rooney a run with step over total mess looked awful these are basic things they have just not bothered to make look decent or fix.

I dont understand cause the ps2 versions years back where so smooth never had these problems why do the ps3 and 360 ?? stupid really takes away from what could be best football game if they just copped on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 oxis

I have been ringing shops all over Dublin and unfortunately nobody has broken the release date yet! Maybe tesco in Dundrum after 12am?!!

i rang a few back ass of nowhere places and they havent released yet , gotta keep ringing around i think !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Rang 2 Tescos locally. One said tomorow the other said next week :rolleyes:

Neither had any idea of the price it will be. So Im none the wiser. Ive always been able to get it in Gamestop late on Thurs night but Id rather get it in Tesco if its going to be 35 squid as rumoured. I have no intention in forkin out 50 euro for a game that most people believe to be inferior to FIFA. My loyalty to Konami has limits!

Keep annoying the shops and I'm sure we will find it somewhere! I will keep you all posted if I can find it anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Do Tesco put it out on the shelves at 12 midnight? Or is it just when they can be arsed, would love to go get it tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Do Tesco put it out on the shelves at 12 midnight? Or is it just when they can be arsed, would love to go get it tonight.

Well given it was sold out early on release day last year, i imagine it would make sense for the staff to restock the shelfs when its quiet in the small hours. I think theres a good chance of gettin it late tonight.

I'm probably going to start sounding crazy for trying so hard to get this game even a little earlier than the release date, but PES is the only reason I have a ps3 and I've been so disappointed with the last couple of versions that I am pinning all hope on this latest installment from Konami.

Anyway, after ringing lots of shops to see if the release date will be broken, here is my results;
    Game, HMV and Gamestop all seem to believe that the release date will be broken this evening after 6pm. They all seem a little annoyed that a lot of people have been able to get the game earlier than the release date from online vendors.
    Tesco in Dundrum shopping center is open 24 hours and they have confirmed that after 12am they will be able to sell the game. The game may be on general sale before then but in case its not, then tesco will have it for anyone wanting to sneak in a game or two before bedtime!!

Hope this helps any of you pro evo junkies who are as excited about this year's release as I am!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Keith186

Its usually after 6/7pm by time its broken, i'll check in tesco and game/stop dundrum after work and post here if on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Rang two Xtravisions in Cork, they said if someone breaks the released date this evening they'll have it on sale, so here's hoping

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Rang two Xtravisions in Cork, they said if someone breaks the released date this evening they'll have it on sale, so here's hoping

In Munster, with a name like that?
    You shouldn't be playing a football game!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Kylzer911

Yeah, my mate got it in Xtravision on the Thursday last year.. i'm gonna try Tesco/Xtravision bout 9ish... if anyone hears anything it'd be great help

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Kylzer911 wrote: »
    Yeah, my mate got it in Xtravision on the Thursday last year.. i'm gonna try Tesco/Xtravision bout 9ish... if anyone hears anything it'd be great help

Same here, the place in Blackpool, Cork. :D

Its almost 6, perhaps it could be on sale soon.

Keith186 wrote: »
    Its usually after 6/7pm by time its broken, i'll check in tesco and game/stop dundrum after work and post here if on sale.

No joy i'm afraid

Went to XtraVision in Bishopstown, asked and was simply told, "Tomorrow."

kellsred wrote: »
    In Munster, with a name like that?
    You shouldn't be playing a football game!!!

It's my real name, I like Pro Evo before I'd ever heard of him ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Quint

Rang a few places, no joy:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭givyjoe81

Eh its all over the shops in the square! Was there earlier and was quite surprised to see it, thought the date was 27th. Wont be buying til i am persuaded that its not the absolute p1ss thats it been since it moved to the 360, plus rrod prevents me.

• Advertisement

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    Eh its all over the shops in the square! Was there earlier and was quite surprised to see it, thought the date was 27th. Wont be buying til i am persuaded that its not the absolute p1ss thats it been since it moved to the 360, plus rrod prevents me.
    Not available for sale tho i'd imagine, same as it was in dundrum, just had em on display

Advertisement