Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

High NTL bill

• 21-10-2009 9:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭

I have recently got NTL BB (20 MB) which costs something like 45 a month and also we have the basic tv for 20 a month. my bill for this month was 129 quid - wtf? I payed all previous bills by direct debit so theres never been an outstanding amount carried over

Anyone had the same sorta problem or know what the issue may be?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

p_larkin99 wrote: »
    I have recently got NTL BB (20 MB) which costs something like 45 a month and also we have the basic tv for 20 a month. my bill for this month was 129 quid - wtf? I payed all previous bills by direct debit so theres never been an outstanding amount carried over

Anyone had the same sorta problem or know what the issue may be?

Cheers

UPC bill their customers every two months. Nothing wrong there.

€45+20= €65 x 2=€130!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

squared wrote: »
    UPC bill their customers every two months. Nothing wrong there.

€45+20= €65 x 2=€130!

no mate my bills have always been monthly and it still says on the upc site (and having just called and got the automated system) that its still monthly....

Oh, that is a strange one, must have been a mess up at some stage then. What does it say you got charged for when you view your bill online?

the billing date is 21/10/09 and due ti be paid on 4/11/09. Previously I had bills for 20 a month (as only had the tv then) and each date was 21/09/09, 21/08/09 etc etc. maybe with the net being introduced its been switched to double month payments.

Click into the bill and have a look at the charges summary page. You should see something similar to this

Cable Digital Max 1 07/10/09−06/12/09 55.14 21.5% 67.00

Most likely with the new contract that they changed it to bi-monthly billing.

• Advertisement

squared wrote: »
    Click into the bill and have a look at the charges summary page. You should see something similar to this

Cable Digital Max 1 07/10/09−06/12/09 55.14 21.5% 67.00

Most likely with the new contract that they changed it to bi-monthly billing.

Thats the weird thing, I tried to check the bill but it was a stata file with no application able to open it (obviously id need stata).

I guess ill prob just ring em 2mora but id say that you're right and its now bi-monthly.

Cheers for the help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

are you a heavy internet user? if you've gone significantly over the 250gb per month FUP repeatedly, they may have automatically upgraded you to their mysterious extreme €80 a month package.

i guess you'll find out tomorrow one way or the other. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

the billing date is 21/10/09 and due ti be paid on 4/11/09. Previously I had bills for 20 a month (as only had the tv then) and each date was 21/09/09, 21/08/09 etc etc. maybe with the net being introduced its been switched to double month payments.

COuld it be install charge for the internet if it's new?

vibe666 wrote: »
    are you a heavy internet user? if you've gone significantly over the 250gb per month FUP repeatedly, they may have automatically upgraded you to their mysterious extreme €80 a month package.

i guess you'll find out tomorrow one way or the other. :)

well no i mean its the first month that we've had the net. and if it was put up to 80 then the figures still dont work out correct. im still assuming its just the double payment thing.

nava wrote: »
    COuld it be install charge for the internet if it's new?

AFAIK there are no install charges. Connection and all was free i think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

There has to be some sort of breakdown of charges on your bill, if not, you need to ask UPC for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭ronkmonster

if you trying to look at bills online, download the file and open it in ur pdf viewer. just doesn't call it a pdf

i had same issue and it is due to being put onto extreme package (80€ a month)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

no mate my bills have always been monthly and it still says on the upc site (and having just called and got the automated system) that its still monthly....

Could be a montly billing but pro rata billing for up to a second month. e.g. if you are billed every 21st and get bb on 22nd, then you will not get billed until the next week 21st, but then be billed for the "free" month plus one month in advance. My bill was about 110 euros for two months bb and one months cable tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

It's 2 monthly for me also. Always has been. Was on TV prior to 20mb BB addition. And your bill cost is bang on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭BOZG

dodzy wrote: »
    It's 2 monthly for me also. Always has been. Was on TV prior to 20mb BB addition. And your bill cost is bang on.

I think they're trying to switch to monthly billing. We were billed every 2 months and paid by cash but getting new services through their website forces you to switch to Direct Debit on a monthly basis though I think you can call them to opt back out of Direct Debit.

Advertisement