Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Richard Seymour: "Mark It Down" Raiders are going to the Playoffs!

• 21-10-2009 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭

Seymour sees playoffs for Raiders in 2009

Finally a veteran who comes into the organisation and doesnt let the dysfunctional atmosphere get to him.

This is great to finally have a guy who knows how to win coming in and being pro active trying to change things and lighting a fire under the team.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Richard Seymour apparently has some pretty bad cateracts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Seymour sees playoffs for Raiders in 2009

Finally a veteran who comes into the organisation and doesnt let the dysfunctional atmosphere get to him.

This is great to finally have a guy who knows how to win coming in and being pro active trying to change things and lighting a fire under the team.

Pity its your defense doing all the work. Raiders make the phrase look stupid right now with that pathetic offense :p

"Offense Wins games, Defense Wins Championships"

Seymour is a top guy and its good to see he signed and put his heart and soul into the Raiders and show faith. Well for this year anyways :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

lets see how long his optimism lasts when russel is given a long term new contract by al davis and spends it all at KFC :(

Max Power1 wrote: »
    lets see how long his optimism lasts when russel is given a long term new contract by al davis and spends it all at KFC :(

KFC in the US is sooooooo good though in fact all those southern fried chicken places are :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

It's really not a completely ridiculous suggestion. At 2-4, the Raiders are only a game behind the logjam of teams jockeying for the No. 6 seed. Currently, the Ravens, Jets, Jaguars, and Texans are 3-3. The Dolphins and Chargers are 2-3.

Chaz is back this week and if he can show half the chemistry he had with JaMarcus during the offseason and the Dallas preseason game it will give us some sort of aerial threat.

If our D keeps performing the way it did against philly then i believe we could finish ahead of the Chargers for certain.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I'll believe it when I see it. I'd be pretty confident if we had Gradkowski or Fyre at QB, JR still managed to his some wide open WR against the eagles. Murphy on a 4th and 1 for example which should of been a TD. The fact we play Bengals, Ravens and Jets is a big help though.

well our schedule for the next few games isnt the worst. But IMO its too early to be looking at playoff seedings. We are helped that (with the exception of the broncos surprise run) the division isnt playing well. We could well win most of our divisional games this year which would be something. Wildcard round may be possible if JR keeps it together and stays away from KFC :P

I'll believe it when I see it. I'd be pretty confident if we had Gradkowski or Fyre at QB, JR still managed to his some wide open WR against the eagles. Murphy on a 4th and 1 for example which should of been a TD. The fact we play Bengals, Ravens and Jets is a big help though.

Ravens and Bengals I agree but the Jets are the 8th best Defense against the Pass but 21st against the Run. So if the Raiders can pummel the Jets on the ground and JMR can complete an average amount of passes you are golden. If JMR is sucking balls I can see this game being either a low scoring game with the Jets scraping it or the Jets find a way past your D and throw up solid numbers.

Well for this year anyways :D

We'll either franchise him or pay him the big contract the patriots wouldnt.

I can see us beating the jets this sunday as long as jamarcus just moves the chains and looks to chaz and miller. Our run game looked good last week and hopefully Fargas gets the bulk of the carries although i want to see bush get more involved. And Gary Russell at FB is a great move for all involved.

We'll either franchise him or pay him the big contract the patriots wouldnt.

I'd say itll be the big contract. Theres one thing al Davis (much as i dislike his recent ownership) cant be accused of, and thats shying away from the big dollar deals (Javon Walker, DeAngelo hall etc in the most recent seasons - there are many others)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,904 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Clearly whatever illness is going around the Raiders is airborn in the stadium. Richard Seymour always seemed like a level-headed guy but he has just lost like the rest of them by the sounds of things. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Richard Seymour possibly has not realised he's not in NE any more and can't just claim he'll be in the playoffs and then wait for it to come true. Not a hope of the Raiders getting to the playoffs. There's every chance both wild card teams will come from the AFC North this year considering how well the Bengals are playing. Unless he's suggesting they'll knock off the Broncos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Si Conando

Wow some serious delusion around oakland. What a difference 1 game makes

Wait and see haters. Bring on the Jets.

Wow you need to relax :D No one is hating anyone. Take a step back and calm yourself :D:D

Besides your offense is sh1t there is no denying it JMR is not exactly lighting up your offense. To be honest unless Seymour knows something we dont how can anyone that isnt a Raiders fan think anything else really? other than to call him mad optimistic. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

I wonder what Seymour thinks the playoffs after tonight....

ugh, that was embarassing. I was so optimistic and we just faceplanted. horrible. Only plus OffTheMarcus was pulled before HT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

We waited, we saw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 886 ✭✭✭randomchild

Should have kept Marcus on, had the jets as my fantasy D...

apparanetly Jamarcus isnt benched for the season, just the game. An attempt to get him motivated. Damn it anyway :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

What's the bets he comfort eats instead of starting to work.

You can bench Donovan McNabb and it might work, but that's because he's Donovan McNabb in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Richard Seymour: "Mark It Down" Raiders are going to the Playoffs!
    .......damn, should've went to specsavers !! :eek:

I wonder what playoff game will they go to 'see' :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Karlusss wrote: »
    You can bench Donovan McNabb and it might work, but that's because he's Donovan McNabb in the first place.
    And even then, you still have to be the Philles to make such an asshole decision.

Advertisement