Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo Live

Options
  • 21-10-2009 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Ok, I can't use the search function because it's down at the mo, so excuse me if there is already a thread for this. I've made a new thread to the music scene post as Sligo Live is much more than music..

Tomorrow Sligo Live kicks off around Sligo.. and beyond!
    • Cafe Culture- free gigs in coffee shops around town, kicking off on Thursday at 12.30pm
    • The World Air Fiddle Championships in Quayside Shopping Centre Sat at 4.40pm
    • The National Lottery are broadcasting this Saturday's Lotto draw live from O'Connell Street for Sligo Live, so lots of music and street entertainment on Sat eve.
    • Street Entertainment
    • The French Market is back
    • Sligo Live Sessions- this year they will be streaming them online so make sure to tell friends and family abroad. They can even email requests in.
    • Last few tickets left for Saw Doctors, Martha Wainright, and Pj Gallagher, all other main gigs sold out. Festival Club then has even more gigs lined up after!
    From your friendly events lady :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

The air fiddle championships sound great:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

The kids had a great day at this yesterday. Is there anything on today suitable for children? The Sligo Live website is pretty hard to navigate, I can't download the timetable (prob my PCs fault).

(I'm dragging the a*se out of Granny entertaining my child, so fingers crossed theres something on :D)

Magnumlady, I watched the Lotto draw on Youtube posted by I think your husband. I was trying to see if my child was on it, but apparently she was "way at the back eatin' a Subway" .

• Registered Users Posts: 48 LadyDotty

Hey there are a couple of Cafe Culture gigs you could catch with the family this afternoon. I'm heading to KoKo latte in Quayside at 5 to see Muireann Charleton, over a hot chocolate!

http://sligolive.ie/sligo-live-2009/cafe-culture/

BTW great video of the Lotto Draw!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Thanks Lady Dotty. They had a great day. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Big_Mac

Man the weather was rotten yesterday.... I was in town in the afternoon and got drenched. I wasn't even outside for that long. I felt sorry for the TV crew who were working in it all day setting up the lotto.

Typical, Sligo go and organise a decent event and what happens? it feckin rains. It#d e enough to make you want to emigrate!

• Advertisement
Advertisement