Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Targa Now NT9231 Nettop

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Am I going blind or is the keyboard not listed on their site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭davehey79

no your right it aint there but neither is the nettop itself either wont be on til tomorrow when the previous weeks specials come off and the new ones go up i presume

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

They have the next ~4 weeks listed and it not in any of them.
    This link I posted in my last post was for next weeks offers.
    davehey79 wrote: »
    no your right it aint there but neither is the nettop itself either wont be on til tomorrow when the previous weeks specials come off and the new ones go up i presume

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Rhodney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 91 ✭✭madhatter76

The Keyboard is not really a bargain. you can get Keysonic Wireless keyboards with touchscreen or trackball for around 32£ or 39 EUR. (But Delivery might brake the price)
    My experience with Targa is not the best in Quality.

The PC is nice but I wonder about a Atom CPU with a intergrated Graphic Card SIS® Mirage 3+Up to 256 MB RAM which is not really a recommended setup and also not really performant. Definetly forget gaming (People still don't understand Nettops) but also Internet Videos in HD 1028p I doubt will run smoothly on this Box. The chip is poorer than the netbook GMA950-Grafics Chips and was designed for Q4 2004 lowcost technology. BTW the 256MB must be shared from the 1GB Ram, cause the chip doesn't have its own memory.

Interesting how they configured it together.
    39 W power consumption is sweet but not really good.
    The PC is silent (without fans). With 39W I wonder how they control the heat inside. Probably not proper and therefor the lifetime of the harddrive is even less than the warranty. (Ive read a temperature of 61C inside the Nettop)

The Wireless is (tata) a external USB Wireless stick.

In germany the same box you can get for 199Eur (not surprisingly)

At Amazon (or else) you can get the Acer Revo or EEEBOX with ION Graphic chip and Atom CPU. Much better for HD Videos from the internet. for 249 EUR and consuming only 29 - 25 Watt.

Result: Not a bargain. Dont let yourself get ripped off.

I advise leave the fingers of this its not worth the money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,592 ✭✭✭davehey79

cheers for the rundown on it madhatter must check out the Acer or EEEBox on Amazon as im in the market for one of these for Christmas.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This thing would be grand for handling standard def content (dvd rips etc) but will struggle with HD stuff. If you want a net top that will handle hd get one with the nvidia ion platform. The acer revo has ion and is pretty well priced. If you want a computer that will handle hd flash content then stay away from atom. It sucks at this.

Hi

Saw this for Lidl too, was gonna get it.

But know nothing about this kinda stuff.

So you guys in the know don't recommed this?

Where in Dublin would i get similar for the same price?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Hi

Saw this for Lidl too, was gonna get it.

But know nothing about this kinda stuff.

So you guys in the know don't recommed this?

Where in Dublin would i get similar for the same price?

Thanks

It all depends on what you want it for really. Internet browsing, office apps etc. Then it's fine, but it's not going to handle much more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

I got a Samsung N130 from Amazon last week for approx €280 delivered (not exactly sure of Euro cost as I bought in Sterling to get better exchange rate).
    Very pleased with it so far. Full size keyboard (well - the keys are ever so slightly further apart than most netbooks), very sensitive WiFi (though the DELL is really superb), I am getting about 4 hours from it depending on settings.Came with Office 2007 Home & Student edition, free for 1 year. Only negatives are no Bluetooth (the N140 has) and only 0.3 megapixel camera (though it seems fine - and can add effects while Skyping!) Like all of these netbooks you would really need a mouse for any long sessions - the keypad clickbar is tiny and fiddly. I had it running continuously for 4 hours on Internet and it did not get nearly as hot as my Fujitsu Amilo - the power supply brick got much hotter.
    I'm getting on so I need my glasses to read the screen - problem with all the netbooks I tried I'm afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    I got a Samsung N130 from Amazon last week for approx €280 delivered (not exactly sure of Euro cost as I bought in Sterling to get better exchange rate).
    Very pleased with it so far. Full size keyboard (well - the keys are ever so slightly further apart than most netbooks), very sensitive WiFi (though the DELL is really superb), I am getting about 4 hours from it depending on settings.Came with Office 2007 Home & Student edition, free for 1 year. Only negatives are no Bluetooth (the N140 has) and only 0.3 megapixel camera (though it seems fine - and can add effects while Skyping!) Like all of these netbooks you would really need a mouse for any long sessions - the keypad clickbar is tiny and fiddly. I had it running continuously for 4 hours on Internet and it did not get nearly as hot as my Fujitsu Amilo - the power supply brick got much hotter.
    I'm getting on so I need my glasses to read the screen - problem with all the netbooks I tried I'm afraid.

are you aware that the product the OP is posting about is not a netbook? It's a net top box , you connect it to your tv, its not a mini laptop, or any type of laptop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

cojomo2 wrote: »
    are you aware that the product the OP is posting about is not a netbook? It's a net top box , you connect it to your tv, its not a mini laptop, or any type of laptop.
    oops! think I posted this info in the wrong thread! Sorry.

Advertisement