Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audigy Card +windows 7 problems

Options
  • 21-10-2009 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

I have an old SB Audigy vanilla card, and under Windows 7 Beta I have been having driver problems, since I am looking to upgrade to Windows 7 eventually, I am wondering is there a minimum version of Audigy card that has no problem with Win7, i.e. would an Audigy 2 be ok or would I have to go up to an A4 or X-Fi. (I am strapped for cash so I will be looking to get a card cheap).

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

audigy 2 should be fine. even those 7 year old turtle sound cards without hassle. basically any sound card that ran on vista (about 99% of them) will definately run on windows 7 without any problem.

i dont see why you have problems with your card on windows 7. so have you installed the correct drivers for it, just to be sure?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

just scanned the web there

http://www.xyhd.tv/2009/01/how-to/computers-pcs-and-macs/creative-labs-sound-blaster-audigy-drivers-for-windows-7-32-bit-and-64-bit/

all audigy cards are supported for 32 and 64 bit. have a look there. hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭DECEiFER

There are a million problems with Audigy cards in Vista, namely 64-bit. Ditto with 7 RTM, which I have been using since August. The 32-bit versions of the OS will be able to utilize the cards a bit more properly. There will never be as much functionality as there was with these older Audigy cards on XP. That's Creative's fault and probably some of Microsoft's, but Creative should be able to develop better drivers.

Advertisement