Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best pub for Lpool game on Sunday

Options
  • 21-10-2009 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Title says it all - need a pub where will see the game for definite and may be able to get some grub.

No room for error on this one as match is vital.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

given their recent performances, surely the best pub to be in would be one not showing the match :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I'd suggest Dinn Ri. Big screen and they do food.

If the food isn't that important then the barracks might be a better option.
    They have a big screen too but they also have about 4 smaller screens. 2 outside, 1 inside downstairs and 1 inside upstairs.

Teach Dolmen might be another option that also serve food but I'm not a fan of the TV positioning.

Oh and one more thing... Its the Utd game...NOT the Lpool game :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

ShayK1 wrote: »

They have a big screen too but they also have about 4 smaller screens. 2 outside, 1 inside downstairs and 1 inside upstairs.

Teach Dolmen might be another option that also serve food but I'm not a fan of the TV positioning.

I'd 2d the Dinn Ri. Think atmosphere in there is awesome on Big Match Day.
    And you're spot-on re it being United Game!
    Now all I/We need is Mickey Owen to Score the Winner!

that would be sweet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Thanks for that - Dinn Ri - it is so.... hmm, not looking forward to this as much as those two hammerings last year - he 6-2 on aggregate....!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Dinn Ri for food... but the best pub atmosphere & crowd for watching Premier League Games is the Barracks :)...

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

Can't argue with the suggestions but I'm a fan of watching games in O'Loughlins, but in saying that it is very much a rugby pub but the football games are shown and are normally good - no food though excepts tayto's and peanuts which is always enough for me

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Dinn Ri and Teach Dolmen are both full of small kids running about on a sunday afternoon. Personally i'd go to Scraggs or The Barracks, much better athmosphere and Umbertos for the grub afterwards. If Owen scores i'll be needing a new tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

I'd go for Barracks. Always good atmosphere there for these kind of games.

Dinn Ri can be good...but as was said earlier, lil screaming kids are a very real possibility.

If Grub is important, chance Dinn Ri...u can always move at half time.

If Grub is a minor detail well Barracks is best spot for a match. Theres always food outside later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

I feel compelled to say gwan the pool, although there is a whole load of wishing going on here on my end. I'd say the barracks tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Ha
    I'd 2d the Dinn Ri. Think atmosphere in there is awesome on Big Match Day.
    And you're spot-on re it being United Game!
    Now all I/We need is Mickey Owen to Score the Winner!
    Ha
    that would be sweet
    Ha

Did someone say 2-0????

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

super-rush wrote: »
    Ha

Did someone say 2-0????

hehe GOWAN THE POOL

tempted to lock this thread now :)

Great game. Better team won on the day but Carra should've been sent off.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

tempted to lock this thread now :)

Great game. Better team won on the day but Carra should've been sent off.

Ah no he really shouldn't have been :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The Soccer forum is that way folks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Sully wrote: »
    The Soccer forum is that way folks ;)

anyone spot the united fan??? ^^^^^^^^^

Advertisement