Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P90 Hicap misfeedsing

Options
  • 21-10-2009 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭

(Spelling fail ^^^)

I got my hi cap today,

I loaded her up and half the mag feed flawlessly, but the second half didn't.
    I emptied out the mag and tried again with the mag full this time but once again misfeeds, double shots and even triple shots! However when I give the mag a slap it will feed for about 15shots and then go back misfeeding again.

Anyone have any experience in this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭gungun

what bbs are you useing?
    my friends p90 hicap wont feed with blasters but works great with excels

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Give it a quick spraying with oil and see if that helps. P90 mags are prone to jamming up really. usually takes a whack to get it goin again. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭SparkyDNut

I find that so long as I do not load more than 270 BBs in to the mag, and make sure the mag is properly engaged into the P90. I've used blaster BBs without any problems.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

yup if you over fill them they are more likely to jam too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

gungun wrote: »
    what bbs are you useing?
    my friends p90 hicap wont feed with blasters but works great with excels

Wolf Armories BB's, work sound in all my guns.

• Advertisement

Masada wrote: »
    Give it a quick spraying with oil and see if that helps. P90 mags are prone to jamming up really. usually takes a whack to get it goin again. :)

Yeah the silicone oil didn't really do anything, after around 50 bb's or so I slap the mag and it feeds a bit for a while, its not ideal really?

SparkyDNut wrote: »
    I find that so long as I do not load more than 270 BBs in to the mag, and make sure the mag is properly engaged into the P90. I've used blaster BBs without any problems.

Will try that tomorrow and get back to you, thanks!

Masada wrote: »
    yup if you over fill them they are more likely to jam too. :)

Sometimes it makes the sound when you finish any hicap, kinda a rumbling, rattling sound, thats grand but then like 20 bb's just go up the barrel and just fall out the top after the noise!

Just a small update for anyone who might be experiencing the same problems or someone who just eventually gave up on the mag.

I found some 150 midcaps for any P90 owners out there, not sure of them but will buy 1 as a test. Links: Mag and again

And some solutions: Remedy which I intend to try tonight. Again, and same problem with some remedies

I keep ye posted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 merlot71

Flecktarn wrote: »
    (Spelling fail ^^^)

I got my hi cap today,

I loaded her up and half the mag feed flawlessly, but the second half didn't.
    I emptied out the mag and tried again with the mag full this time but once again misfeeds, double shots and even triple shots! However when I give the mag a slap it will feed for about 15shots and then go back misfeeding again.

Anyone have any experience in this?

are you sure you have wound it up all the way , til it makes a differant sound like its broken , then it shud work ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

its the bb's. p90 high caps always jam and miss feed with some brands of bb's. they always have. I have about 8 high cap p90 mags, and they all work perfectly with excel bb's and give trouble with most other brands. it a known issue.

however, they now sell p90 mid caps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

Had the same problem, get smooth bb's excel are best and the .25's if you can the heavier ones seem to be better. put 1500 through 2 mags in Rolling Asaault which lasted over an hour as a defender, no problems what so ever.

Ooops forgot to update this, yeah I went out for a bit a plinking with excel .20 and the whole mag fed flawlessly.

So as the lads said before me its more than likely the bb's!

Advertisement