Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stormtrooper Costume

Options
  • 21-10-2009 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Maybe I am on the wrong thread but does anyone know where I could get good quality a stormtrooper costume before Halloween? Saw plemty on line but would like to see one in real life to check quality before purchase! Thanks.:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 bertiesrasher

There is a shop close to Urban Outfitters in Temple Bar which had a suit in the window when I was walking passed a few weeks ago. It looked like it was from the set so maybe try there?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

A Star Wars Storm Trooper or a German SS Storm Trooper? Just asking. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Paulw wrote: »
    A Star Wars Storm Trooper or a German SS Storm Trooper? Just asking. :eek:

It's hardly Price Harry who's posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Stato

Sorry its a Star Wars Stormtrooper, I am looking for.Thanks Bertiesraher.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ask here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1128
    is a forum for the shop
    http://www.thecostumeshop.ie

They have it for €70 to €74... or €690 for a more high-end system :eek::eek::eek:

• Advertisement

syco, thanks. I did encounter this shop on the web but wanted to see a physical costume in a shop before purchasing, I am told the picutres on website may not reflect actual product. I am sure the €690 costume is top quality but is a little outside my budget at moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Stato wrote: »
    syco, thanks. I did encounter this shop on the web but wanted to see a physical costume in a shop before purchasing, I am told the picutres on website may not reflect actual product. I am sure the €690 costume is top quality but is a little outside my budget at moment.
    LoL, aye. Where are you based? There's a nice costume shop next to St Stephens Green shopping centre which I've used in the past. If you order a costume from thecostumeshop.ie you should get it before Friday, as they're based up towards the North. Have gotten stuff from them before, and found them to be quite good.

the_syco wrote: »
    LoL, aye. Where are you based? There's a nice costume shop next to St Stephens Green shopping centre which I've used in the past. If you order a costume from thecostumeshop.ie you should get it before Friday, as they're based up towards the North. Have gotten stuff from them before, and found them to be quite good.

Cheers, I am between Drogheda and Dundalk so not so far from Dublin. I just heard that Forbidden Planet on the Quays in Dublin have Stormtrooper costumes for about €90, might check it out at weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Gift & Festivity & Party Ideas

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Stato wrote: »
    Cheers, I am between Drogheda and Dundalk so not so far from Dublin. I just heard that Forbidden Planet on the Quays in Dublin have Stormtrooper costumes for about €90, might check it out at weekend.

If you want a cheap thing for just the one night then thats your best bet, if you want something thats more movie quality like you can buy kits online and build it yourself, they cost between 350-600 quid depending on what kind of plastic but you'll have to cut off the mould, paint it and assemble the armour as well, I'm doing one at the moment but it wont be ready until next halloween

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

There's three types of storm troopers available to get ones a really basic tracksuit with images printed on it, costs about 40 quid and looks horrendous. Second is the deluxe one that krudler saw for 90 quid (we sell for 70). The Supreme edition is a replica of those used for the film and its for people with a serious obsession and 690 quid to spare, believe it or not we actually have sold quite a few of these so there are people out there.

The one we sell most of at TheCostumeShop.ie is deluxe version, its foam padded Armour and i quite good, but in my opinion the helmet is kinda flimsy and it's worth upgrading to the better deluxe storm trooper helmet

As with any license product your paying mostly for the license fee hence in my opinion it's quite pricey for what it is. Still they are really popular and we get few complaints about them.

I think we only have a few left in the standard size so act quickly cause they're very popular.

Advertisement