Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q abooooot Enterprise Ireland, IDA etc.

Options
  • 21-10-2009 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭

1. Enterprise Ireland investment, IDA investment & Employment subsidy etc. fall in the Public Sector expenditure.
    A. If our expenditure is 54 billion per year, and Fas compose 1 billion, how do EI/IDA expenditure match up in our national expenditure? How much of the public sector bill do these type of expenses compose?
    B. How does it compare to other EU countries? High or Low?

2. I understand that these fund come from the EU State Aid funds, is that correct? http://www.employmentsubsidy.ie/
    I am assuming this means that the money is coming from Brussels rather than Dublin (as opposed to the fund simply being diverted through EU law)

A. So are these funds vulnerable to the impending Public sector cutbacks in the December budget?
    Assuming they are implemented from Brussels rather than Dublin, then presumably they cannot be touched?

[Sorry I meant this to go into Irish Econ, not politics]

Advertisement