Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kerry

• 21-10-2009 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

I'm thinking of going to Kerry for a wknd in November. I'll be going with a friend, we're both 24 and want to get away from Dublin for the wknd.

Just wondering if places like Killarney would be too quiet at this time of year?

We're both from the west and don't want anywhere as crazy as Dublin but not an old man's pub either and somewhere that would have a nice little town in to spend the daytime.

Any suggestions are welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Killarney is still busy enough at weekends , not summer busy , but still a little bit of a buzz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭clancyoo7

Was down there last weekend had a great time. The town was lively enough for the time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

Hi Guys
    Just logged on to ask the same question.
    We are heading down to Kerry on the Friday 13th November for 2 nights and want to head up to Galway after that for 1 night and then head back across to Dublin on the monday. I know its not gonna give us much time there but thats all we have. Gonna drive down to kerry from dublin early on the friday morning.
    How long does it take then to drive from kerry to galway?
    Never been to kerry so wheres nice for a couple with a toddler. Was looking at Dingle and Kilarney, where else is nice and would you recommend some hotels?
    Was looking at the park house hotel in galway city, whats that like, anyone been?
    Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭silverwatch

As it happens I used to live with a girl that worked there for about three years. It's really nice but bang in the middle of town (maybe you'd prefer somewhere quieter with a toddler) It's less than a minutes walk from Eyre Square so you couldn't find a more central location. If you are bringing the car though and would prefer somewhere a ten min drive from town the Menlo Park Hotel and the Westwood are a good choice, but if only staying one nigh, Park House is far handier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 victor11

Where the f*ck is Kerry???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭man1

As it happens I used to live with a girl that worked there for about three years. It's really nice but bang in the middle of town (maybe you'd prefer somewhere quieter with a toddler) It's less than a minutes walk from Eyre Square so you couldn't find a more central location. If you are bringing the car though and would prefer somewhere a ten min drive from town the Menlo Park Hotel and the Westwood are a good choice, but if only staying one nigh, Park House is far handier.

Thanks Silverwatch

Advertisement