Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Invasion Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭evil-monkey

Well, just got the tickets. Went for the 179 VIP one. Two days pass to the event, plus the party and accommodation at the hotel is a pretty sweet deal by my reckoning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Invasion Dublin

floodser14 wrote: »
    Sounds deadly cant wait 4 it, any idea which actors will b there apart frm darth vader

we'll have
    Jeremy Bulloch (Boba Fett)
    Kenny Baker (R2D2)
    Caroline Blakeston (Mon Mothma)
    Dermot Crowley (General Madine)
    And of course David Prowse (Darth Vader)

Well, just got the tickets. Went for the 179 VIP one. Two days pass to the event, plus the party and accommodation at the hotel is a pretty sweet deal by my reckoning...

Great! See you there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 floodser14

Boba fett r u serious? keeps gettn better, cant beat the fett man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

Hi

Is the VIP package for €179 for two people (ie, the total is €179 or is that each)?

Does the Costume Star Party price also include the general admission to the actual Invasion event, or does that have to be bought separately?

Looking forward to going. Pity I don't have my own costume yet!

Alex

Hi

Is the VIP package for €179 for two people (ie, the total is €179 or is that each)?

Does the Costume Star Party price also include the general admission to the actual Invasion event, or does that have to be bought separately?

Looking forward to going. Pity I don't have my own costume yet!

Alex

Hi Alex,

The VIP package includes 2 people and admission for 2 days and the party.

For non VIP ticket holders - They must buy tickets separately for the party.

Thanks

floodser14 wrote: »
    Boba fett r u serious? keeps gettn better, cant beat the fett man

Yup he'll be there :)

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

Does anyone know if there is going to be any Public or TV advertising for the event? With so little time to spare now, not alot of people, including myself hadn't a clue it was happening and with such short notice. If it wasn't for the staff in Forbidden Planet and Modelmania I wouldn't have found out about this at all and they don't even know the full details!
    The Concert was well advertised a few months in advance.

I don't think there's been much TV mentions, i know the lads I hang out with gave it a few mentions on the radio. And there's been lots of mentions via facebook and blogs so it seems to be very viral.

I'd be surprised if the lads from TechTV101 don't do a feature after the event. Which will be cool for me since the girlf has me away for the weekend to visit her family, which was organized too long ago for me to escape from. So annoyed im not going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Rogue T

VIP tickets will be well worth the money and costume is optional i think

• Advertisement

I don't think there's been much TV mentions,

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1069007 From about 5 mins in you'll see our Storm trooper!

We'll also be on Podge and Rodge next week and the city channel. There's also a campaign of TV ads too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Captain Khurgee

Hi,

My name is Chris Muncke and I played Capt Khurgee in ANH all those years ago. I have recently been introduced to the SW fan world. I had no idea!! For years, I thought that while I was proud and happy to have been part of the Saga, and knew a few others who were also fans, I had had no contact with the SW family out there. Last year, a friend introduced me to Graham Miles and he invited me to come to Collectormania Midlands at Coventry. Ihad such a great time meeting and chatting with the fans as well as actor chums who I hadn't seen for ages. Since then I've had the honour to be invited to Germany and Texas. I agree with Steve Sansweet, who wondered if George Lucas has realised what he has started. Please feel free to PM me and I will be happy to give you my email.

Chris Muncke

Capt. Khurgee

Hi,

My name is Chris Muncke and I played Capt Khurgee in ANH all those years ago. I have recently been introduced to the SW fan world. I had no idea!! For years, I thought that while I was proud and happy to have been part of the Saga, and knew a few others who were also fans, I had had no contact with the SW family out there. Last year, a friend introduced me to Graham Miles and he invited me to come to Collectormania Midlands at Coventry. Ihad such a great time meeting and chatting with the fans as well as actor chums who I hadn't seen for ages. Since then I've had the honour to be invited to Germany and Texas. I agree with Steve Sansweet, who wondered if George Lucas has realised what he has started. Please feel free to PM me and I will be happy to give you my email.

Chris Muncke

Capt. Khurgee

Welcome Capt. Khurgee

Great to see you on Boards.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

hi guys, just spotted the ad in a paper and had to look it up and find out whats happening. it looks amazing, i can hardly wait. my kids are big fans too and are really excited to see the life sized models.

on another note thank you for keeping the price low, i had major grief for not taking them to see the sw concert but it was way too dear. :o

gonna have to re watch all the flims now to get in the mood.

(any excuse :D )

soups05 wrote: »
    hi guys, just spotted the ad in a paper and had to look it up and find out whats happening. it looks amazing, i can hardly wait. my kids are big fans too and are really excited to see the life sized models.

on another note thank you for keeping the price low, i had major grief for not taking them to see the sw concert but it was way too dear. :o

gonna have to re watch all the flims now to get in the mood.

(any excuse :D )

Hey Thanks! See you there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Little Alex

The concert and Invasion are/were both promoted by MCD -I think there was some kind of legal agreement that Invasion wouldn't start to be publicised until after the concert took place.

Don't understand that at all. This looks WAY better. The concert tickets were rather pricey and if I want to listen to the music alone I can do this on the laptop! :confused:

Anyway, I decided to go for the VIP tickets: entry would have been €10-15 each, entry to the after party would have been another €20 each and a taxi would have been €20 each way. Doesn't work out at too bad a deal at only €70 or so extra for the stay in the hotel and a nice, big, dirty Irish breakfast. :D

Looking forward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Saturday should be interesting in CityWest - First day of Invasion Dublin and final day of the All-Ireland & International Irish Dancing Championships :cool: Raging I have to leave on Friday!

Darth Vader and Princess Leia are on Podge and Rodge tonite 10:50 RTE2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Any chance mark Hamill might show?

ultain wrote: »
    Any chance mark Hamill might show?

If he's planning on coming he's not told us yet!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Mr_Hat

My sons are going. Will the guests be charging for autographs.

Mr_Hat wrote: »
    Good question..

Mr_Hat wrote: »

That's up to the guests themselves but at previous events they have done. We don't have any info on potential prices at this stage.

I think this has already been asked..but will there be any vintage action figures for sale at the convention?

There will be a number of people including Model Maniacs at the show.

Sorry to hear David prowse wont be making an appearance at the show, hope he feels better soon.

As we are too. He sends his best wishes to every going to the show but sadly won't be able to make it.
    On the basis of todays press day the other stars and in great form and can't wait to get started tomorrow!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 manderson1701

Does anyone know is there a camear policy at this event? can you bring your own or will it be confiscated like at concerts???

Does anyone know is there a camear policy at this event? can you bring your own or will it be confiscated like at concerts???

It's highly recommended that you DO bring a camera. There are hundreds of photo op's around the venue with the emerald garrison and the props!

There will be a number of people including Model Maniacs at the show.
    I know you probably dont have any real info on what model maniacs will have on offer as regards vintage 'star wars' figures I checked their site and they dont seem to have a great deal..but just on the off chance, do you know off any other merchants who might?.

• Advertisement

I know you probably dont have any real info on what model maniacs will have on offer as regards vintage 'star wars' figures I checked their site and they dont seem to have a great deal..but just on the off chance, do you know off any other merchants who might?.

Sadly we won't know until they all turn up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 karenmooney

I have 2 original pieces of Star Wars memorbila can i bring them to get them autographed or do we have to buy whats on offer to us. I only really want R2D2 aka Kenny. Looking forward to it major Star Wars fan have on video as well as DVD including the original where jaba the hut was a slimy monster and not the person which Harrison Ford had to step on his tail to go round him.

I have 2 original pieces of Star Wars memorbila can i bring them to get them autographed or do we have to buy whats on offer to us. I only really want R2D2 aka Kenny. Looking forward to it major Star Wars fan have on video as well as DVD including the original where jaba the hut was a slimy monster and not the person which Harrison Ford had to step on his tail to go round him.

Hi,

Chris Muncke

Capt. Khurgee
    I'm new to this board thing but have been a fan of Star Wars all my life my dad introduced me to it brilliant films. George Lucas is brilliant and i have to say John Williams too for the fab music.

Bring whatever you want to be signed!

:confused: Is there a charge for autographs/photos, if so how much?

:confused: Is there a charge for autographs/photos, if so how much?
    My other half was there today..I think it varies between 15&28e.

A Bit disappointed to hear there wasn't much in the way of action figures today. But my son had a great time he's only three, he had loads of photos taken with the characters..sweet dreams for him:) would loved to have been there.

15e was the most any actor was charging today for autographs. In fact Caroline Blakiston and Dermot Crowley together were 15e..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭yogidc26

Anyone rate what it was like today it this worth going to? how long did you have to que for?

I would love to go but I dont have that much free time

Thanks

15e was the most any actor was charging today for autographs. In fact Caroline Blakiston and Dermot Crowley together were 15e..
    Thanks, so photo's are free then. Looking forward to tomorrow, bringing my daughter and her boyfriend who loves Star Wars too.

A Bit disappointed to hear there wasn't much in the way of action figures today. But my son had a great time he's only three, he had loads of photos taken with the characters..sweet dreams for him:) would loved to have been there.
    Thanks, did you have to pay for photo's with any of the cast or other people that were dressed up in costume.

Sorry, I meant to buy a picture and have it signed.

Thanks, did you have to pay for photo's with any of the cast or other people that were dressed up in costume.
    No, not as far as I know with the guys dressed up, but with the celebs I would think so.

No, not as far as I know with the guys dressed up, but with the celebs I would think so.
    Did you have to queue for long or could you go in straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

I was there today and had a great time. We arrived at 10.30 and didn't have to queue at all. I'd recommend buying your ticket online as you save €5. The biggest queue was for a picture on the Emperors Throne surrounded by a very "Impressive" Vader and an an Imperial Crimson Guard. There is no charge for any of the photos with any of the costumed characters and I was very impressed with their attitude and enthusiasim as they posed for countless autographs. The charge for celebrity photos + autograph was between €20 - €45. Myself and my cousin got talking to one of the girls involved and she even invited us up to meet some of the Characters and have a quick chat about some of the costumes. The Boba Fett costume cost approx £3,500! It looks amazing though. All in all if you are a fan you will love it, if you have Star Wars kids they will love it and for €10 (online price) you can't go wrong for a great day out. Highly recommended.

j14 wrote: »
    I was there today and had a great time. We arrived at 10.30 and didn't have to queue at all. I'd recommend buying your ticket online as you save €5. The biggest queue was for a picture on the Emperors Throne surrounded by a very "Impressive" Vader and an an Imperial Crimson Guard. There is no charge for any of the photos with any of the costumed characters and I was very impressed with their attitude and enthusiasim as they posed for countless autographs. The charge for celebrity photos + autograph was between €20 - €45. Myself and my cousin got talking to one of the girls involved and she even invited us up to meet some of the Characters and have a quick chat about some of the costumes. The Boba Fett costume cost approx £3,500! It looks amazing though. All in all if you are a fan you will love it, if you have Star Wars kids they will love it and for €10 (online price) you can't go wrong for a great day out. Highly recommended.
    From the report back from my gang..I'd have to agree with:)

yogidc26 wrote: »
    Anyone rate what it was like today it this worth going to? how long did you have to que for?

I would love to go but I dont have that much free time

Thanks
    I think over all it was a fair first day, pretty quite..could be a lot of people may have left it for the later dates, thinking maybe it might have been choc-er block today. The kids will love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 bovenip

Had tickets bought for Saturday and although I was initially underwhelmed when I went in (The exhibits seemed to be dwarfed in such a large expansive room), I ended up having a blast! The friendliness of the staff, cast members and above all, the people in costume really made the day special. The interviews with the cast members was relaxed and enjoyable and the fan-made props were to a fantastically high standard.

I really hope this is the start of a regular Dublin event and that it grows from year to year!

Bovenip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

just to echo the above posters, staff were very friendly,posed for lots of photos. exhibits were first class and the whole day was very enjoyable. some waiting inline but not much and well worth it.
    hard to pin down a highlight as there were so many...chewbacca,darth maul,qui gon jin(?) so many troopers etc. we all had a ball.

as for the remote controlled R2D2 what can i say....i want one :D
    A lot of hard work went into this and it shows. cant wait for the next one.

• Advertisement
Advertisement