Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christian Solidarity Party to hold Ard Fheis This Sunday. Im not joking !

Options
  • 21-10-2009 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭

What in the world will their motions be about ????

-God Rules
    -The EU will eat babies
    -We are Conservatives.

Is there any members of the CSP on Boards.ie ? If so, do they have any policy document for the Ard Fheis ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Really?

Where did you find this out?

Obviously there will be something in it about support for single-income families and for anti abortion stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

I have my bag packed;)
    Seriously, do they have that much of a membership, numbers wise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Het-Field wrote: »
    Is there any members of the CSP on Boards.ie ?

I'm sure there's a few of them over on the Christianity Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Kind of ironic having it on the day of rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Really?

Obviously there will be something in it about support for single-income families and for anti abortion stuff.

I subjected myself to the "rag of rags", "Alive"

• Advertisement

Traumadoc wrote: »
    Kind of ironic having it on the day of rest.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

Class. The background laughter only adds to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Dammit DF you beat me to it! I was going to put that up once my bandwidth allowed it.
    Without a doubt, the highlight of the election. It's like Mr Bean running for election.

Did anyone see the post on politics.ie where he asked a CSP how they would fix the economy?
    THeir response was that by banning abortion in all it's forms, the resulting baby-boom would create economic growth due to the demand for goods in Mothercare and so on.
    Regardless or not if the poster was spoofing (and it was in an otherwise serious post), it's still pretty damn funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Christian Solidarity Party to hold Ard Fheis This Sunday

'Full tea set may be used!!!!'

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

:)Met him while canvassing for Lisbon. Absolute gentleman, lovely man.

Not like Coir.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

What in the world will their motions be about ????

The CDU/CSU seem to be doing ok in Germany, granted they are non-denominational with a Christian ethos but still. You hear the word Christian in the title of a political party and it becomes a laughing stock here apparently.

The CSP seem to be growing as it happens. They seem to be fielding more and more candidates year on year.

All I know is that I shall not be voting for them any time soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mayo Exile

This is how the chosen venue for their Ard Fheis will look afterwards if there is any party infighting on Sunday.............

phonebox.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Tenderloins1

Some of the Christian Solidarity Party old election Literature is
    here . http://irishelectionliterature.wordpress.com/category/christian-solidarity-party/

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Apparently they frequently advertise their meetings on irishswingers.com :D

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Where Is the Ard Fheis Being held? out of curiosity?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Is there any members of the CSP on Boards.ie ?
    Paul O’Loughlin lives in my apartment building – does that count?
    Where Is the Ard Fheis Being held?
    Paul O’Loughlin’s flat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Tenderloins1

Have found worse than the Christian Solidarity Party....
    The Christian Principles Party with the unforgettable slogan
    "Jobs for Youth - not Condoms"
    http://irishelectionliterature.wordpress.com/2009/09/09/christian-principles-party-jobs-for-youth-not-condoms/

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

:)Met him while canvassing for Lisbon. Absolute gentleman, lovely man.

Not like Coir.

Agreed. i spoke with him at the RDS during the count for The By-elections. He seems to be very adament about his position on things. he was then polite enough to wish our candidates the best of luck. very polite man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Some of the Christian Solidarity Party old election Literature is
    here . http://irishelectionliterature.wordpress.com/category/christian-solidarity-party/
    thanks for the link tenderloins.
    interesting to look back at the old literature. I never knew that Paul O'Loughlin was a nephew of Rory O'Hanlon. Was O'Loughlin involved in the Divorce Referendum as well? O'Loughlin stands religiously in local and general elections. He got 260 first preferences in the last general election, down from the 366 in the previous one. The 260 he got was 6 more than Patrick Talbot who ran as an Independent, and who campaigned mostly on an immigration control platform. O'Loughlin also did a good deal better than the PD (remember them) candidate Jerry Hannon who got 193 first preferences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

imme wrote: »
    thanks for the link tenderloins.
    interesting to look back at the old literature. I never knew that Paul O'Loughlin was a nephew of Rory O'Hanlon. Was O'Loughlin involved in the Divorce Referendum as well? O'Loughlin stands religiously in local and general elections. He got 260 first preferences in the last general election, down from the 366 in the previous one. The 260 he got was 6 more than Patrick Talbot who ran as an Independent, and who campaigned mostly on an immigration control platform. O'Loughlin also did a good deal better than the PD (remember them) candidate Jerry Hannon who got 193 first preferences.

In fairness to Hannon, he had no profile, announced his candidacy with a few days to go before the election, had no posters or literature, and simply was a paper candidate. O Loughlin has a profile, and has stood in several elections before and since.

Im not mitigating for the disasterous PD performance in 2007 though !

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭GUIGuy

I don't see them as any more or less ridiculous than other 'crusading' parties like the greens, SWP etc. They are all driven by a vision of how they would like people/society to behave and they'd like to change the our laws, tax structures etc to promote their vision of how we should live. The fact that one is in power and is fronted and that this guy stuttered a little doesn't change anything.

Those that laughed at his stutter in the video were just lowering themselves... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

GUIGuy wrote: »
    I don't see them as any more or less ridiculous than other 'crusading' parties like the greens...
    Jaysus, that's a bit harsh.
    They are all driven by a vision of how they would like people/society to behave and they'd like to change the our laws, tax structures etc to promote their vision of how we should live.
    As opposed to every other political party on the planet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Those that laughed at his stutter in the video were just lowering themselves... :rolleyes:

It seemed to be the first time he read what was in front of him, hence the "one take" comment at the start. I didn't notice a stutter as such.

Advertisement