Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

c programming := vs =

• 21-10-2009 10:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭

So some of my lecture notes have = some have :=. When is := used in c? I thought this was pascal not c... o.O

Btw side note was the programming forum deleted? i thought it was in the tech section along with a few others but it's gone :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Guessing they just getting mixed up. Maybe lecturer both.

Programming is moved to "Software and Web Development"->"Development".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Some lecturers use pseudocode in there lecture notes. So i wouldn't worry about it. Unless you're seeing it in example programs that they expect to compile.
    Where are you studying btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

dit - computing first year. Is it used in pseudocode then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Sheeps

An overloaded operator perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭wolfric

nope i guess there's nothing in plain sight. They were doing pascal last year so i'd say they just left it in the notes accidentally. Sure i'll ask the lecturer tomorrow cheers lads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if his lecturer is who i think it is then it's not operator overloading.

:= is used in pseudocode to define some variable.

most likely a typo.

most lecturers - in DIT anyhoo - cover operator overloading in a OOP language most notably in second year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

C has no operator overloading so unlikely.

Advertisement