Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Strachan on the panel tonight.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

eoccork wrote: »
    Matt Holland made his debut tonight on RTE. He could be the replacement for Strachan, I hope not.

I didn't think he was too bad. I'd have him over Houghton or Whelan any day of the week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Danye

I didn't think he was too bad. I'd have him over Houghton or Whelan any day of the week.

Nah I would rather Houghton and Whelan for the simple reason they both have been there and done it, and its much easier for me to listen to people that have there experience critising players.

Holland was a fantastic pro, but never really achieved much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Danye wrote: »
    Nah I would rather Houghton and Whelan for the simple reason they both have been there and done it, and its much easier for me to listen to people that have there experience critising players.

Holland was a fantastic pro, but never really achieved much.

A guy's ability to play football relative to others has no bearing on his ability to analyse the game.

Some of the greatest players ever have been appalling pundits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭Danye

flahavaj wrote: »
    A guy's ability to play football relative to others has no bearing on his ability to analyse the game.

Some of the greatest players ever have been appalling pundits.

Yea, I totally understand what your saying but im just saying in my opinion I just think its slightly hypocritical.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Strachan to get Boro job tomorrow. Best of luck to him..... It is a good appointment for both parties...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Well, as an outsider, it seems to me that Strachan was one of the most successful managers Celtic have had in a few decades and yet, they slate the bloke.

Anyway, enjoy the Mowbray era!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Brewster wrote: »
    No, the new guy isnt setting the heather on fire but im glad that Strachan is gone from the club. Some of the coments on here about his footballing knowledge are laughable. It's fine having the knowledge but if you cant impart it to your players and get them to perform, whats the point.[/QUOTE

The only thing that is laughable Coillte_Bhoy is Celtic fans hounding him out of the club! Tell me, how did Strachan's European record compare with Tony Mowbray's so far?? id be very interested to hear. Strachan is a great football man and he showed his knowledge of the game clearly on TV the other night. I said last season Celtic fans may rue the day they forced him out, and I may be proved right yet again...

What modesty!! We will not rue the day and once again, you show your complete lack of understanding of the club's fans.

Brewster wrote: »

What modesty!! We will not rue the day and once again, you show your complete lack of understanding of the club's fans.

I understand the supporters of Celtic Football Club and their mindsets on certain issues very well thank you very much!

monkey9 wrote: »
    Well, as an outsider, it seems to me that Strachan was one of the most successful managers Celtic have had in a few decades and yet, they slate the bloke.

Anyway, enjoy the Mowbray era!!!!

My sentiments exactly Monkey9.... I know a couple of Celtic fans well and they explained the reasons for the general disharmony between Strachan and a section of the Celtic support...

• Advertisement
Advertisement