Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Park space a good walk away?

Options
  • 21-10-2009 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭

Im thinking of renting an apartment (perfect size, price and location). Its taken me a while to find somewhere so suitable but theres one catch: It was listed as having parking, but in fact it doesnt.

So ive to rent a space in a near by apartment complex if i go with this apartment (with the price of car rent space subtracted from my monthly rent).

Now the other complex is a good 7minute walk (i timed it) and its the only reason i havent snapped at this apartment.

Does anyone else do this and is it a head wrecker? Or is it ok? Im used to having the car in the driveway! Im undecided at the moment and its the only thing holding m back, would like your thoughts...

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Personally- if I was driving on a daily basis, I'd not be happy at all at the prospect of a 7-8 minute walk to and from my car. Look outside the window at the moment- its like a monsoon..... It would be a deal breaker for me.......

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,647 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Consider how frequently you'll need to carry a lot of things to and from the car. Unloading a big shop could be a right pain if more than one trip to the car is needed. I wouldn't consider renting if the car wasn't beside or underneath the block.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

For me too it would be a deal breaker. One day you will be trying to get in or out of the building you park in and some code will have changed. Then there is the rain, security issues, and general nuisance factor. Imagine carrying you shopping for 8 minutes up and down ramps, through doors etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Consider how frequently you'll need to carry a lot of things to and from the car. Unloading a big shop could be a right pain if more than one trip to the car is needed. I wouldn't consider renting if the car wasn't beside or underneath the block.
    I imagine most people park at the front of the building to unload, and then move their car to their parking space.
    It's not something I'd put up with though, you'd go fricking mad, especially if you left something in the car and had to "run out" to get it. In the winter. In the snow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Lamps

ive found another parking spot closer by, its only 2mins away, so i think i'll take it for 2months lease. Then ill keep an eye in my complex and try suss out if theres any regular free spots and try rent one of them.

Really want this place so think im willing to make the sacrifice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement