Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speeding and little boy racers on Delvin Road

Options
  • 21-10-2009 11:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Is it just me or does anyone else get really irritated by the speeding and little boy racers on the delvin road, especially between the roundabout at lomans and the cinema? Any people i've spoken to are of the same opinion as me. Why don't the guards do something about the speeding? A lot of peolpe walk to and from the cimena, especially at weekends, I feel its only a matter of time before there is a serious accident.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kodger

fryer99 wrote: »
    Is it just me or does anyone else get really irritated by the speeding and little boy racers on the delvin road, especially between the roundabout at lomans and the cinema? Any people i've spoken to are of the same opinion as me. Why don't the guards do something about the speeding? A lot of peolpe walk to and from the cimena, especially at weekends, I feel its only a matter of time before there is a serious accident.

youre damn right...i live in lakepoint..few weeks ago there was a head on outside lomans entrance..car ended up on the roof..looked like a corsa with a big exhaust..but not sure..i walk that road with a pram maybe three times a week..and i only seen 1 speed camera outside colmans school in seven years...i do be very tempted to report these little up starts..all they are is waste of a good under pants..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

Yeah I live down near lomans to and saw that crash too.It loked bad but i never heard anything else about it but there was like 2 ambulances, 2 fire brigades an a garda car.It looked like a little boy racers silver car aswell, serves him right if he was injured.

Has anyone else noticed little (as I like to call them) "go boys" going up and down throwing stones at cars and onto the road?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭dp639

It looked like a little boy racers silver car aswell, serves him right if he was injured.

Now that's a pretty awful thing to say. Just because someone has a modified car doesn't mean they deserve to get hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 kodger

dp639 wrote: »
    Now that's a pretty awful thing to say. Just because someone has a modified car doesn't mean they deserve to get hurt.
    I agree ..no one deserves to get hurt...but 99.99% of these modified cars..drivers are just out to show off in front of their little friends..these lads are risking other peoples safety and when one of them gets a wakeup call eventually as in this case, we can only hope others will learn from their mistakes also.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

dp639 wrote: »

Ok maybe it was a bit harsh, I realise that now (heinsight is 20
    :20 (I hope i spelt that right)).but it was only a matter of time before someone got hurt.

• Advertisement
Advertisement