Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hallowe'en Plans Anyone?

Options
  • 21-10-2009 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

So... This speaks for itself really. I noticed the forum winding down somewhat, so I inject activity.

What's everyone doing for Hallowe'en/ Samhain/ whatever you want to call it?

Personally, I'm wandering that festival market for a while, going home to give my cat Vallium, little ritual. Then PARTAY!

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I think I'll probably do my own little ritual in the morning, I've guests coming in the evening so I'll be up the walls, and I like to do my rituals when I've got enough time to focus all my attention on it.

Afternoon will be Halloween baking and pumpkin carving. If the weather is dry, I've a little mini offering table to go on the balcony, but it might have to stay in the bedroom if this rain keeps up! :)

Night will be a party, slightly non-traditional, I'm having friends over and we're making sushi! Then watching scary movies, and eating all the sweets that were supposed to be for the trick-or-treaters, but I never get any since I moved into an apartment :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

just gonna sacrifice a few small animals myself, nothing to crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

I can't tell if you're taking the piss or just an idiot... I really hope the first one.

Seriously, you'd be surprised with some people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

This time of year we to tend to get people coming to the forum and posting idiotic things trying to be amusing.

For me Samhain and Hollow'een are seperate, one is spiritual and the other secular.

For Samhain there will be personal observation and ritual and talking about that time of year with my children.

For Hollow'een there is fun and games, costume making and each year at least 40 kids call to the door and I will be doing that and then going out to more adult celebrations with friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Urizen

Thaedydal wrote: »
    This time of year we to tend to get people coming to the forum and posting idiotic things trying to be amusing.

They try, they fail.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Urizen wrote: »
    They try, they fail.

We laugh :)

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭NeilJ

I will be enjoying myself at Feile Draiochta

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

2002-10-31.gif

I miss Oh My Gods! :(

Advertisement