Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Years Eve

• 21-10-2009 11:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭

I know it's early days but i usually start thinking about where to go for NYE which is undoubtely the biggest clubbing night of the year, has anyone made any plans as of yet (assuming your heading out for it)

I'm currently toying with 3 options -

Go to Amsterdam with the missus (assuming we can get a babysitter for a few days)ive not been in 9 years and miss the old place, missus hasn't been in 7 years either and is keen to go back, has anyone been in the Dam for NYE before,asides from the obvious attractions it's a cracking city with friendly locals.

I've been there 4 times but never on NYE,although i would assume there would be plenty in the way of big club nights on?

Then there's the always the magnet that is Moondance who have joined forces with the legendary Raindance and will be having a massive joint Rave in London, which will be one of London's biggest NYE Raves, ive been at Moondance NYE before in 2007 and it was nothing short of amazing and ive heard that N-Joi have been asked to headline and perform the classic http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3168075882414723179# on the stroke of midnight so im seriously tempted, you know if you go to a Moondance or Raindance Rave your gonna have an amazing night.

Then Fantazia are having a massive Rave @ Fantasy Island in Skegness which isn't that far away from me here, 13 arenas is the biggest in the UK, the majority of the line up i wouldn't be pushed about, obviously the old skool arena is the business, and the D & B looks promising but it's really the Techno arena that id be very interested in, here's the line up http://www.fantazia.org.uk/Event%20info/Pics/03.jpg http://www.fantazia.org.uk/Event%20info/Pics/INSIDE.jpg
    Joey Beltram, The Surgeon, Mark EG, Chris Liberator, Dave The Drummer sounds amazing to me so that's another dillema.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I have not gone out clubbing on NYE in years - I much prefer to try to organise a house party. Speaking of which I need to try to do just that. Well when I say me, I'm going to try to get someone else to do it! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

the one night of the year i never go out.

the idiot public's favourite night of the year. probably because it involves counting backwards and they're oh so proud of their ability to do so.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

LOL - wow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

Johnny I really don't know what you had to eat recently but NYE is a gimmic load of balls and chav fest at best. Get a grip.

Ah come on lads I'm sure both of you enjoy linking arms backwards and singing Auld Lang Syne just as much as everyone else :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

jtsuited wrote: »
    the one night of the year i never go out.

the idiot public's favourite night of the year. probably because it involves counting backwards and they're oh so proud of their ability to do so.

Lets play a game!

Zascar wrote: »
    Ah come on lads I'm sure both of you enjoy linking arms backwards and singing Auld Lang Syne just as much as everyone else :pac:

haha!

don't tell anyone!

acman wrote: »
    Lets play a game!

Oh jeasus don't start that.

Reminds me of this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055237584

acman wrote: »
    Lets play a game!

11?

i mean 9.

Better go practice so I won't look like a retard at fantazia!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

NYE the the best clubbing night of the year??:eek:
    Not a chance, I hate it as a night out.
    House party is the way to go but unlike Jonny, I prefer to stay in relax, the thoughts of looking for a babysitter is enough to give a headache, never mind finding one for a couple of days eh Jonny, how the hell will you mange that?? family I presume.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Agree that NYE is best spent at a house party. I have never had a good night out in town on NYE and they usually end in disaster. Last year a friend threw a brilliant house party where I got to play up until midnight which was pretty cool. Did the old cheesey final countdown as my last song which I timed perfectly. I must say I have never been so lonely as the DJ at midnight on NYE. No one came and shook my hand for about 2 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

staying and getting mega stoned and a little pissed to the point that when midnight comes around I don't know whether I'm watching Jools Holland or reruns of Reginald Perrin on the tv or did I forget to turn off the Chemical Brothers on the stereo or is that the next door neighbour's cat doing minimal out on the fence :D i jest not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    I must say I have never been so lonely as the DJ at midnight on NYE. No one came and shook my hand for about 2 minutes.

I wouldnt like to be at one of your houseparties Mike if thats the case!

I usually just play the tune, have a swig of Jaeger and grab the nearest hot bird to me, nothing like a wear with one of your female mates that you'll both regret in the morning on NYE....

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Fieldog wrote: »
    I wouldnt like to be at one of your houseparties Mike if thats the case!

I usually just play the tune, have a swig of Jaeger and grab the nearest hot bird to me, nothing like a wear with one of your female mates that you'll both regret in the morning on NYE....

:p

What makes it worse is that my girlfriend was there and all. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Jay D wrote: »
    Johnny I really don't know what you had to eat recently but NYE is a gimmic load of balls and chav fest at best. Get a grip.

Clearly you've had a few bad experiences on NYE then ,a chav fest maybe the places you go are but not the places ive been to;)

The only bad NYE ive had was on ironically enough the most hyped of them all the Millenium which was absolutely dreadful, i wont go into all that now, but i gneneral im away from Ireland for it and have always had a brilliant night,and like it or hate it, it is the biggest clubbing night of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

NYE the the best clubbing night of the year??:eek:
    Not a chance, I hate it as a night out.
    House party is the way to go but unlike Jonny, I prefer to stay in relax, the thoughts of looking for a babysitter is enough to give a headache, never mind finding one for a couple of days eh Jonny, how the hell will you mange that?? family I presume.

depends on where you go, in Ireland everything is over by 3am where abroad you can party until the next day;) will proably ask the missus' mum if she will babysit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 512 ✭✭✭gavkm27

OMG that lineup for Fantasy Island looks unreal,if anybody goes please do yourself a favour and go see THE OUTSIDE AGENCY in the Twisted Brainfire arena,these guys spawned their own sound within the Hardcore scene,they rarely play in UK and i rate them as the best electronic music producers out there,only for people who like their chunes,Hard,dark and atmospheric

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Thanks for the stupid vat change, I'm going to have to work on NYD (and possibly the weekend after)
    Bah humbug!
    Gonna head to a mate's houseparty and get absolutely ****faced, but there will be no epic 3 day bender for me this year:(

If I was going out, it'd definitely be Twist for NYE, then the inevitable after party on NYD

Advertisement