If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

luvin my SRT9320 but...

Options
  • 21-10-2009 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Hey folks, i'm very happy with my new SRT 9320 apart from one little thing, it doesn't like my archos and that's one of the main reasons I got it.
    I've set up the TV, Sky, Surround & Bluray with no issues but the archos ain't playin. The set up has the archos in there as an option, it scans 2 of 2 and nothing. I've tried to teach it and the SRT accepts the signal but then does nothing despite confirming it's learned the command.

Any help/advice would be appreciated as always...but like i said for the standard gear it's a dream!

Cheers hick

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

hick wrote: »
    Hey folks, i'm very happy with my new SRT 9320 apart from one little thing, it doesn't like my archos and that's one of the main reasons I got it.
    I've set up the TV, Sky, Surround & Bluray with no issues but the archos ain't playin. The set up has the archos in there as an option, it scans 2 of 2 and nothing. I've tried to teach it and the SRT accepts the signal but then does nothing despite confirming it's learned the command.

Any help/advice would be appreciated as always...but like i said for the standard gear it's a dream!

Cheers hick

Hick,

I'll ask Ferg in The Philips Shop to have a play (and Ash the remote Geek) Ferg is an Archosian as well so hopefully we can get it sorted for you...Keep us posted both ways..

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

will do John

I was up till 2 last night messing with it setting up macros'
    it's brilliant, I love the way it manages the sound no matter what device you're on, that's brilliant.

I think by the way the is more the archos than the srt, their remotes have always been a bit crap in fairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Hick

I'll ask Fergal to bring in his Archos on Saturday (we've allowed him a couple of days off.....) and we'll have a look at them both then.

I have a mate that has an older Archos, whilst he like the actual unit he hates the remote as it seems to be a fussy about when it will work.

Cheers
    Ash

cheers Ash,

I'm happy to drop my remote in rather than you guys opening a new one.
    I always figured it was a crap remote but you would figure the srt would send a better IR signal than their cheapy one. Archos have been using the same one now for 3 Gens (I've had em all).I couldn't recommend the current Archos 5 enough, it's brilliant but their remotes have always been an achilles heel. I see a new firmware out today so will lash that on too and give it another crack.

Too much to hope that the SRT would be the solution to ALL problems, I mean I can't even get it to learn how to automatically switch the channel anytime a soap comes on!!! :D

Isnt that what OFF buttons are for?
    Tried that once with the wife though and got kicked out of the living Room mind.......

Ash

• Advertisement

Isnt that what OFF buttons are for?
    Tried that once with the wife though and got kicked out of the living Room mind.......

Ash

...mmmm dunno - has the RS / PS Forum not become a bit of a soap opera......

ooohhhh controversial!

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi Hick

Fergal is playing with his Archos 504 and dock and the SRT9320 now - hopefully have some news to report a little latter

Cheers
    Ash

Hi Hick

It would seem that the Archos 504 dock remote doesnt want to give up its IR secrets - FM couldnt get the SRT remote to learn the codes at all. He also tried another brand of learning remote last night at home and same thing happened - it wouldnt learn from the Archos remote.

He reckons it uses a non standard IR freq - I've heard of some Digi boxes in England doing the same.

All ask the Philips Bods next week about this

Sorry I have nothing more positive to report

Ash

Ash thanks very much for following this up, and thanks very much to Ferg for putting in the effort.

I upgraded the firmware last night on my unit and some of the button have started to work but others didn't (for example the enter/ok button, kinda important really!!!)

So I'm going assume that this is more likely just a crap IR transmitor in the the archos remote. Would be interested in hearing what the philips bids say considering it is on the list for configurable devices.

Thanks again

PS dunno if you got my PM on the juicer, i'll prob go with the other one I mentioned

Hurraahhhh

persistence wins out! got the archos buttons going finally, just went through the learning of the button [OK/Enter] sequence about 15/20 times and eventually it picked up a solid frequency off it. Went through the motions on all the buttons that didn't work and now they all do.

As before I'm quite sure this is less the SRT and more the archos remote as all the other devices were good first time.

But what's better is I have it macro'd up to the max so it is now also wife proof!
    No more calls asking why she can't get sound on for Pride & Prejudice or why she can hear sound but no picture. Macro for turning on the system and switching on to whatever device... sky, bluray, dvd or archos. It's very clever.

And the battery life is mega to boot, only charged it once since I got it and it's still full.

This is the proper uni remote I've been looking for for YEARS
    Nice recommendation Ash!

• Advertisement

hick wrote: »
    Hurraahhhh

persistence wins out! got the archos buttons going finally, just went through the learning of the button [OK/Enter] sequence about 15/20 times and eventually it picked up a solid frequency off it. Went through the motions on all the buttons that didn't work and now they all do.

As before I'm quite sure this is less the SRT and more the archos remote as all the other devices were good first time.

But what's better is I have it macro'd up to the max so it is now also wife proof!
    No more calls asking why she can't get sound on for Pride & Prejudice or why she can hear sound but no picture. Macro for turning on the system and switching on to whatever device... sky, bluray, dvd or archos. It's very clever.

And the battery life is mega to boot, only charged it once since I got it and it's still full.

This is the proper uni remote I've been looking for for YEARS
    Nice recommendation Ash!

Hick,

thanks a million for the post - we have been using this remot a bit now in place of the Harmony One and it really does appear to be great - fair play to you for sticking at it - as you know sometimes it just takes dogged persistance to get a dodgy code in solid..

Thanks again - and good luck with it..

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.