Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunedin - missable?

Options
  • 22-10-2009 12:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭

Hi, I´m trying to plan out a route around the south Island of New Zealand. Only have 12 nights.

Is Dunedin worth going out of the way to go to? or is it missable?

Any kiwis care to take a stab at a 12 night route of the south island, starting and finishing in Picton? :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

What is your route so far? I would spend a night there especially during the summer. It also depends what you are into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Picton Nelson - Murchison (via buller Gorge) - Lewis Pass (V Nice) - Kiakoura (whale watching?) - Christchurch/banks Peninnsula - Lake Tekapo/Mt Cook - (Lindis Pass) - Wanaka/Queenstown (wanaka much nicer scenically) - Milford Sound (back same way :( )to Haast Pass - Glaciers on coast - time left go into Abel Tasmann a bit/farewell Spit/Nelson lakes NP.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Sidney77

queenstown is a must, milford sounds is supposed to be great if u can afford it (i couldnt) christchurch can be done in a day or two, wanaka is quiet but relaxing, scener amazing, if you only have 12 days there is a lot you can do that would be better that dunedin

Advertisement