Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor market being held in Claremorris on Sunday

Options
  • 22-10-2009 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

thinking of selling of some of my clothes that i bought but never worn, tags attached together with clothes that are in good nick but that i dont wear any more, i wonder if i do a stall on sunday would the clothes sell, does anyone attend these markets, any feedback would be greatly appreciated. So unsure what to do. I would love if these markets took of. they are a great place for bargains. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

They are similar to the car boot sales which have proved quite popular in recent times. Set up your stall, don't be embarrassed and you will flog the vast majority of what you have to sell as long as it's in good shape. There will be a bit of haggling but that is part and parcel of the game. If this is a success, you will be searching the attic looking for another haul to flog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 workingmum

dec25532 wrote: »
    They are similar to the car boot sales which have proved quite popular in recent times. Set up your stall, don't be embarrassed and you will flog the vast majority of what you have to sell as long as it's in good shape. There will be a bit of haggling but that is part and parcel of the game. If this is a success, you will be searching the attic looking for another haul to flog.

thanks for the words of encouragement, all i can do is try, in the times we are in every penny helps.

Just go for it and let us know how you get on. What you had on sale and what you sold and for how much!! This is what a forum like this is all about>

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

Sunday market is pretty OK.. busy enough weekend before bank holiday..
    Bloke there with train sets & model cars is interesting.

KoNiT wrote: »
    Sunday market is pretty OK.. busy enough weekend before bank holiday..
    Bloke there with train sets & model cars is interesting.

I ended up not started this weekend, as it happened there seemed to be two going on in that industrial estate, the indoor lakeside market has been up and running for seventeen weeks and another one started last weekend. I spoke with Pat and i am hoping to have a stall this sunday instead, i am trying to locate some shop railing to hang the clothes on and may a manniquinn or two, i want to get a few bits like that. I just hope that it will take off as i have lots of clothes, they are kept in really good condition, some have never even been worn, i am a bit of an impulse buyer..........

• Advertisement

workingmum wrote: »
    I ended up not started this weekend, as it happened there seemed to be two going on in that industrial estate, the indoor lakeside market has been up and running for seventeen weeks and another one started last weekend. I spoke with Pat and i am hoping to have a stall this sunday instead, i am trying to locate some shop railing to hang the clothes on and may a manniquinn or two, i want to get a few bits like that. I just hope that it will take off as i have lots of clothes, they are kept in really good condition, some have never even been worn, i am a bit of an impulse buyer..........

Well attended the indoor market today and started my stall, I had a pretty bad day, only sold two dresses.............dont know whether to go again or what to do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Well attended the indoor market today and started my stall, I had a pretty bad day, only sold two dresses.............dont know whether to go again or what to do?

Was there alot of interest at your stall? Did people try to haggle with you or seem interested in buying? Were your prices too high?

I know you don't want to let the stuff go for next to nothing BUT if all you get is a fiver for a top, it's a fiver more than you had yesterday. People will only pay what they believe it's worth. Besides, it's worthless to you lying in the attic ;).

So, you need to ask youself why you believe things didint sell. You sounded like you were going to lay it out pretty well. Price must factor hugely IMO.

If at first you don't succeed....

themadchef wrote: »
    Was there alot of interest at your stall? Did people try to haggle with you or seem interested in buying? Were your prices too high?

I know you don't want to let the stuff go for next to nothing BUT if all you get is a fiver for a top, it's a fiver more than you had yesterday. People will only pay what they believe it's worth. Besides, it's worthless to you lying in the attic ;).

So, you need to ask youself why you believe things didint sell. You sounded like you were going to lay it out pretty well. Price must factor hugely IMO.

If at first you don't succeed....

Actually sold the two must expensive items in my stall today but really i felt that my clothes were not for the age group that was in attendance and some of the younger people there just passed by my stall, they must have been heading to the nearest New Look!!!!! :D

Actually sold the two must expensive items in my stall today but really i felt that my clothes were not for the age group that was in attendance and some of the younger people there just passed by my stall, they must have been heading to the nearest New Look!!!!! :D

I had nothing over twenty euro on the stall and there was only one item 20 and one 15, didnt mind what i got for the rest really, four or five euro and i would have been happy out, no hagglers really, just no spenders today.

I had nothing over twenty euro on the stall and there was only one item 20 and one 15, didnt mind what i got for the rest really, four or five euro and i would have been happy out, no hagglers really, just no spenders today.

Tyre kickers, in other words. Were your prices clearly displayed? The first thing that shoppers often look at is the price and then the item on sale. Also have something gimmiky to make people stop at your stall. Maybe a mannequin dressed up in strange gear or something. Juggle a few oranges, anything to make people stop and look.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭KoNiT

some have never even been worn, i am a bit of an impulse buyer..........

give me a shout next time your there ... my wife is interested!!
    would love if these markets took of. they are a great place for bargains
    . actually... I'm begining to think you are my wife... :D

we wont be around this weekend but deffo weekend after..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Niamh_

does anyone sell used dvds there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 marketman1972

have found a link for the market on google www.claremorrisindoormarket.com but can't see any dvd's :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Niamh_

have found a link for the market on google www.claremorrisindoormarket.com but can't see any dvd's :)

Thanks very much anyways. :D

Looks like quite a good market and definitely worth a visit. No harm for a market to have a website such as this. Galway city could learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭emmabo25

I was thinking about taking a stall at this in the run up to Christmas. Just a quick question for anyone that has been or will be going this weekend. Is it well attended? It looks like a great set up and I love the fact that you see the individual stall holders on the website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 marketman1972

Was there last weekend for a look, lots of stalls and it was busy when I was there. Had a cup of tea for 1 euro upstairs and brought up some cake from one of the bakeries downstairs, hard to beat that. I'd recommend it for a visit :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ted4444

Hi not trying to side track this thread but does anyone know does portwest still do their factory clearance sales from their warehouse ? If so is there any coming up soon, was at one, two years ago and got some great bargains. Thanks inadvance Ted. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 ceribabe

Is this market still happening every Sunday? Thanks
    Can you just turn up to sell car boot type things?

Advertisement