Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calculating the cost of running the tumble drier?

• 22-10-2009 1:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭quotaj

Hey,

Now with the weather getting wetter it looks like we're going to be using the tumble drier a bit more in our house. It's a rented house with a few tenants and we split the airtricity bill. However as some people are making more effort to save power (clothes horse for a few days) we're going to figure out a rate for the tumble drier and leave a jar beside it and we can take that cash off the airtricity bill before splitting.

Anyhooo, I had a look at the manual and this is what it's giving me for consumption rates...

drier.jpg

I've no idea where on that chart a "normal" mixed wash will come into... so for calculations sake I'll take the highest value of 3.6kWh.

Now I look at my electricity rate... 8.46c/unit at night. So would it really only cost 30cent to do that 100 minute wash?? :confused: I was expecting it to be much higher ....

In that case we will probably do an uber-conservative 50c/wash at night and €1/wash during the day... does this sound right?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

Advertisement