Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bumhunting...Your thoughts?

Options
  • 22-10-2009 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭

I was just wondering what people make of bumhunters(players who only play absoloute fish HU or shorthanded and auto sit-out against anyone they think is even half a regular)
    I know this will not improve your game a whole lot but i'm beginning to think it's so profitable that I might stick to doing it full-time playin online.
    I read on 2 plus 2 of players that don't have much game but bum-hunt constantly and make huge profits from it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭....

all depends on what you want.
    do you want to make money ?
    or do you want to improve your game ?
    i would take the easy money option

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭J_Mac

Its probably frowned upon by some people, but I dnt see any problem with it. At the end of the day the majority of online poker players play to make money and u dnt av to be a rocket scientist to figure out that you will make more money against bad players that are worse then you in the long run.

If u continue to play against people as good as u and better then u, they in reality u are just pissing ur money away. Its all about finding players u av an edge over, if u want to make some dosh.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Thought the thread title said Bumhunting.
    Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭hopalong85

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Thought the thread title said Bumhunting.
    Carry on.

Thought The-Rigger was bumhunting for thanks.
    Carry on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭max_power

It's just good game selection

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭BuChan

bumhunting ftw. ridiculous sterotype but the all capital letters screen name folks seem to be coocoo bananas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭maloney333

I bumhunt and am still losing:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

I did it for ages at MS HU games. absolutely nothing wrong with it and obviously far more profitable. Why play a good player when you can sit with fish all day and make more than 10bb/100?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

Well it's fine obviously when there are fish to play. If/when they dry up your just left with a pool of regs who have improved and no one to play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

Table selection is one of the most important parts of being a good, winning player. Sitting with regs 3 betting each other all day for ego reasons when there's soft tables at the same level is just stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,319 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Mr.Plough wrote: »
    Well it's fine obviously when there are fish to play. If/when they dry up your just left with a shedload of money and no one to play

A greed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭nVid

Bluffs go right over their heads, give me a table full of average players who know that a raise from a certain position means a certain hand/play, so they become more predictable than the total 100% fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

nVid wrote: »
    Bluffs go right over their heads, give me a table full of average players who know that a raise from a certain position means a certain hand/play, so they become more predictable than the total 100% fish.

LOL, are you saying you find it more difficult to beat a 100% fish who is playing their cards and nothing else? WP sir, this may say more about your inability than the ability of others. Just a thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭nVid

Lurker1977 wrote: »
    LOL, are you saying you find it more difficult to beat a 100% fish who is playing their cards and nothing else?.

I hope your in a position, where you wish the fish you have just tried to bluff, was smart enough not to call with his pocket pair. You have been warned :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

how about just being smart enough not to bluff them in bad spots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

what about shortstacked ratholing?

Advertisement