Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other options for PS/CS

Options
  • 22-10-2009 2:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭

Ok so its late in the day for anything other than pay cuts for the PS/CS in the dec budget, but how do PS/CS staff feel about job cuts?

In my line of work if costs need to be cut, the staff at the top go first, managers and pencil pushers get the boot, front-line staff and lower paid stay on unless business fall away completely. Cutting a managers job who earns 3/4 times as much as a "worker" saves the company much more money than a wage cut for everyone (although that might be required if job cuts dont balance the books).
    From reading threads on here, most PS/CS staff can identity some areas of waste or non-performing staff, but as far as i can see there has been no effort to cut numbers first.

I'd be royally pissed off if i had to take a pay cut when no effort is made to cut waste first. i know there has been temp and contract staff let go, but these jobs haven't been cut because they're not needed or the staff haven't been performing, they've been cut because they easily can.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭cyclopath2001

Senna wrote: »
    From reading threads on here, most PS/CS staff can identity some areas of waste or non-performing staff, but as far as i can see there has been no effort to cut numbers first.
    You mean, iike, every week, everyone takes a vote and fires the least popular person in their work unit?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,402 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

You mean, iike, every week, everyone takes a vote and fires the least popular person in their work unit?

nooo you've just given rte their latest idea for a reality tv program

Advertisement