Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rte 2 next monday night Ireland Maiden etc

• 22-10-2009 3:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

Ok folks...

just a quicky to say - that Hard Rock tribute battle of bands tour documentary that was filmed in May 2009 is going to be on next monday night titled - "Karl Spain wants to rock",,,,was a hoot being involved in it, 5 good tribute bands and all the messing that went with it ahaha should be a laugh

ciao' amigos....Baggio.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭zenmonk

How did Karl Spain ever get on TV? They call this guy a comedian! FFS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Jimmy the Weed

Carl Spain can go **** right off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Think I know the guys that won this, was the prize to play at a festival of tribute bands in the UK?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

cheers for the reminder. I remember the thread from when it was being recorded. Definatly gonna watch this.

Which band are you in so I know not to root for them;)

EDIT: just saw your location. Didn't know you lived so close to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Ireland Maiden

gosh so many aggressive lads on here..what did Spain do to ya's lads?? hahaahah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Baggio wrote: »
    gosh so many aggressive lads on here..what did Spain do to ya's lads?? hahaahah

Didn't make them laugh probably.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is it just a one off episode?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Saw Metallitia twice. They were brilliant. Never saw Ireland Maiden or the other bands so I'll be watching this.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭superdog

I was at the semi final in the Stables in Mullingar - it was a great night!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

I was at the Limerick gig. Shocked Ireland Maiden won it to be honest. They were very scrappy a lot during the Dolan's gig anyway. Karl Spain looked so out of place... all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Think I saw the one and only Giz in the crowd. Limerick folk will know who I am on about. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Nockz wrote: »
    I was at the Limerick gig. Shocked Ireland Maiden won it to be honest. They were very scrappy a lot during the Dolan's gig anyway. Karl Spain looked so out of place... all the time.

From what I saw, I thought they were very good(only on tv). And no Ireland Maiden, ye don't have to play NotB, don't mind anyone who says differently:D

Baggio, nice sporting of the Rush t-shirt:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Nockz

It was a good watch though. You gotta love the markets hahaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I enjoyed that, Ireland maiden deserved to go through for Baggio's t-shirt alone.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Carl Spain can go **** right off.

W****r.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

to be honest I thought the programme was awful - not the bands, just badly filmed, edited and generally poor......

surely there's someone else they could have gotten to front the show ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

NIBBS wrote: »
    to be honest I thought the programme was awful - not the bands, just badly filmed, edited and generally poor......

surely there's someone else they could have gotten to front the show ?????

Did you honestly expect it to be good? This is rté we're talking about here....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Did you honestly expect it to be good? This is rté we're talking about here....

The eternal optimist me - always hoping one of there efforts will hit the mark......the good thing is that the bands get some airtime and more exposure........I'm not the biggest fan of tribute bands, but the guys seem to put a lot of work into it......

would be nice to see them doing a show on unsigned bands from different genres and see how that went...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

http://www.rte.ie/player/#v=1058591

It's on rte player as above if ye missed it

I like Spain as a comedian but he was brutal in this. FFS get someone even remotely interested in the music!

Best of luck to all the bands involved hope the exposure helps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

I know who wins!!!! The series was recorded a few months ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Cormac Battle should be presenting it, other than that I enjoyed it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

Thought it wasn't bad actually. Yes there is no need for Karl Spain to have anything to do with it, (pronouncing Biff's name wrong said it all), but must admit I cannot think of who could host it.

Have seen Mettalitia before. Tight band but everything is downtuned to suit the singer which doesnt work for me. Though having singers that really arent up to it is a criticism I would level at all of the bands, bar the Zeppelin lads tbh.

Thanx for the words lads,,,both good and bad....

for me was a laugh and a bit scarey - had to get 14 songs down in 4 weeks of a band im not a huge fan of, and between working shifts and Never Say Die was a lot of work,,one of our guitarists had even less time!,,,so we got ourselves at least "able to play live" in time for it,,, so in fairness was a triumph to even get that far!,,,,thankfully we're much better now and rocking along, limerick tommorow night, mullingar sat night...bring it all on! ;)

Rush tshirts all round me thinks hahah at least EVERYONE respects them! ;)

ciao' amigos...Baggio.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

I'd have hosted it!

No fecker asked though or even gave me the heads up!

I may not be pretty but i do know my music and would have got more out of BIff.:p

So there ya go Baggio, put in a word for me with the auld production team and best of luck to ya!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

have seen metalitia a few times good auld band live. never seen ireland maiden. think they should have got somebody a bit more into the rock genre to host it. thing carl is out of his depth in it. baggio when ur next show in dublin ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

I was at the Limerick gig. Shocked Ireland Maiden won it to be honest. thanks a lot for spoiling it for the rest of us :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

i think he was referring to the fact they beat the acdc lads on the night in limerick....but i know who wins the whole thing lol

we were ROBBED!!!!!

hahahahah....ah well life goes on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Which one are you in the band, Baggio?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

He's Eddie :pac:

Advertisement