Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wexford quay

Options
  • 22-10-2009 5:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Was the quay in wexford not supposed to be resurfaced a short while ago? I thought I heard something on south east radio about it being closed for resurfacing. it badly needs to be done

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭LillyVanilli

They've fixed the major holes but not resurfaced it completely, lack of funds. Its a disgrace though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 chicklick

oh right, typical council/corperation response to a problem, throw a bucket of chippings into it. Its unreal, the amount of money they squander on silly things and let the important things go to hell. I was just thinking how i'd feel the other day if I was a visitor driving up the quay. its probably the first thing most tourists see of the town. it definately wouldn't attract you to stay in the area. am i right in saying that all those tracks cut across the road way to allow business and developers access to drainage carried a heavy price tag for the developers?? where did that money go? surely thats what it was collected for in the first place??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

Agree with what you are saying but more of a 'turnoff' for visitors would surely be the number of shops around the crescent that are closed? ...no-one in the 'tescos building'...the beauticians shut down, the newsagent closed, the pub next to the now council building shut.....roads me thinks are not the main issue....if this isn;t reversed we wont have much of a town to visit anyway! ....if the papers are to be believed the current rates are crippling shop owners...hopefully we will see a turnround soon! (or at least a reduction to keep them in business during the downturn)

We did get A|Wear though! Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Hammer of Thor

We got AlWear? Where? I never get into town for fear of getting a puncture. No spare tyre see, and there's a recession!

• Advertisement

Agree with you totally snellers. even in the 80's there was more of a buzz in the town. the way things are going they wont have to worry about parking spaces very soon. its a shame to see a one time vibrant town dying such a death

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Big Vern

Its sad to see the town neglected so much..i lived away from Wex town for years and was always proud of it...that has gone away...there is no atmosphere in town anymore...and as chicklick says 'its a shame to see a one time vibrant town dying such a death'
    What can we do about it?!?!?!?!

'Feck All' gets my vote Vern!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Big Vern wrote: »
    Its sad to see the town neglected so much..i lived away from Wex town for years and was always proud of it...that has gone away...there is no atmosphere in town anymore...and as chicklick says 'its a shame to see a one time vibrant town dying such a death'
    What can we do about it?!?!?!?!

Stop voting for Labour in the locals they have done nothing.

Badabing wrote: »
    Stop voting for Labour in the locals they have done nothing.

In fairness I dont think its a labour problem, they can only do as much as possible with the funds recieved. My suggestion would be to stop voting fianna fail. The whole county has been neglected since they've been in power. John Browne tops the poll at every election and is usually ignored when it comes to a place at the cabinet table. I'm not saying he's much of a benefit to wexford town anyway cause he seems more interested in enniscorthy issues. Sean Connick showed great potential before he was elected but has been swallowed up in party politics and towing the party line. I'm afraid its goingh to continue like this until the ordinary people of wexford put their foot down and say enough is enough and its time we were acknowledged. protest protest protest. thats the only way to get through to these people. Now I'm getting off my soap box for today. thanks for listening

• Advertisement

Nooooo I wanna hear more! Somebody get this girl a megaphone, we'll plonk her at the door to the Council! Ah I agree with ya, our politicians won't do a damned thing, and who are we to replace them with? The people who could actually make a difference to the town have more sense than to run in the locals, and the people who do put their names forward are no better if not worse than the crowd we already have! Dodo Lawlor, James Breen, ffs, it'll be another generation or two before we may get any real change in the mindset, and by then it won't matter cos I'll have finished my jetpack!

No more potholes getting on my nerves, just pigeons in the face.....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

In the people paper there a while back , there's no more funding for roads, at all.

Terrible, that quayfront is in bits.

Advertisement