Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marks and Spencers new dine in offer

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Thanks, might check this out, but I want all the Accompaniments, Id say there quite tasty :p

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hmmm- going by previous form- its probably EUR20?
    Looking at whats on offer- I'm not all that tempted. If they have some offer seperately on the accompaniments- I might load up on them. Some are yummy- like the cabbage melody, the ultimate potato mash, the carrots and peas in butter etc. Then again- perhaps I should just take a few hours out, and do some proper cooking.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Saw a poster for it and said €20 and includes wine

kearnsr wrote: »
    Saw a poster for it and said €20 and includes wine

From the selection of wine on offer- unless you're desperate for alcohol- you're better off going with the fruit juice. Their pressed apple juice is actually quite yummy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

Cook at home for Gods sake, this stuff is crammed with fat and sugar, a false economy of ever the was one. Just check out the saturated fat content on the box as a % or your daily allowance, you'll be shocked.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

smccarrick wrote: »
    From the selection of wine on offer- unless you're desperate for alcohol- you're better off going with the fruit juice. Their pressed apple juice is actually quite yummy.

Dont drink at dinner so wouldnt bother me much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭mathie

This is such bad value compared to before.

They used to do a chicken (of the same size) a dessert (of the same size - the Hot Fudge Pudding) and veg (ok they're offering a bigger portion here) for 12.50

So they're asking for 7.50 for 2 portions of veg?

Pathetic.

mathie wrote: »
    This is such bad value compared to before.

They used to do a chicken (of the same size) a dessert (of the same size - the Hot Fudge Pudding) and veg (ok they're offering a bigger portion here) for 12.50

So they're asking for 7.50 for 2 portions of veg?

Pathetic.

THe last was for two. THis is for 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

Cook at home for Gods sake, this stuff is crammed with fat and sugar, a false economy of ever the was one. Just check out the saturated fat content on the box as a % or your daily allowance, you'll be shocked.

Eh there healthy minimally processed food in all these M&S offers. I regularly get the whole fresh chicken, freash raw veg and fresh raw fruit salad and fruit juice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Had a look at this and wasnt impressed.

As for serving 4/5? catwalk models mabey, regular folk, nope.

based on the same mark up for the more frequent offer I would place this as being €18, this just for €20 seems poor to me
    (I know its just 2 euro, but still)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The meat is a pathetic size, it'd struggle to feed 2 people in my house anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭mathie

kearnsr wrote: »
    THe last was for two. THis is for 4

They could advertise it as for 500 people.
    It still doesn't mean it's true.

I used to get the same size chicken, the same dessert and the same wine for 12.50.
    The ONLY difference is a larger portion of veg for 7.50.

As I said ... pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

You have to check those things like you do anything your buying in a shop.
    Not all of the selections in the meal deals are like that though.

Same with their prepacked pasta dishes, some are like 30/40% of your sat fat and some are 3/5%.

Just keep an eye out and avoid the choclate butter cake.
    I'm pretty sure if you were able to eat a whole one it'd kill you.

asharkman wrote: »
    avoid the choclate butter cake. I'm pretty sure if you were able to eat a whole one it'd kill you.

Lol- I needed a laugh.....
    I suppose there are people out there who don't read the labels...... Caveat emptor.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

asharkman wrote: »
    Just keep an eye out and avoid the choclate butter cake.
    I'm pretty sure if you were able to eat a whole one it'd kill you.

Indeed; although I dont think you need to check the labels to know that this one spells danger. Anything containing chocolate, butter and cake in any order is unlikely to be good news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Gave this a lash this evening and wasn't impressed, 2 adults and 2 kids (6 + 3 y.o.)

Had the Irish beef just over 1kg. which was just sufficient. Roasting veg. inc. small spuds was very tasty but had to add some spuds to have enough for all, could have done with more veg also.

Sticky toffee dessert was the only thing that was left over, (mainly cause the kids didn't like it.)

Didn't have the wine tonight so can't comment.

As others have said there is little more in this than the dine in for 2 deal and certainly nothing like the value.

Unlikely to purchase again unless they improve it.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 westgirl2009

Had my meal last night, as everyone was saying it wouldn't feed four, but for two it just made good big portions, for the main got the turkey joint, with a side of the traditional veg for roasting, this had potatoes in it, so was plenty, For dessert got the apple crumble, this was a pack of four, so stuck two in the freezer. Although this offer is still not as good as the dine in for 12.50, i still think it works out at good value. Much cheaper then a take away, and you get your bottle of wine aswell. Have a second lot in the fridge for tommorrow, thought i would try the beef and red cabbage. Got a cheese board instead of the dessert for a change :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

http://www.marksandspencer.com/Dine-In-Offers-In-Store-MS-Food-Food-Wine/b/198933031

Can anyone tell me if this is the same menu for the Republic of Ireland too ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

looks like it, though there are some stuff on it that ive not seen very often.

id say 4 out of 7 on each list make it in ireland, at least in the liffey valley one.

Advertisement