Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best place to buy decent watches in Newry?

Options
  • 22-10-2009 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

Hi guys
    lookinng at getting a watch for my wife for her birthday, as she wants one, and im looking at spend 5-600 euro. Here in dublin the prices are shocking compared to the UK, but im arsed if im getting a plane and i dont want to depend on Royal Mail for delivery. Anyone know where is worth checking out over the border for what im looking for?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Ripoff? Wrong forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

where should it go?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

• Registered Users Posts: 46 GroundHog

Hi guys
    lookinng at getting a watch for my wife for her birthday, as she wants one, and im looking at spend 5-600 euro. Here in dublin the prices are shocking compared to the UK, but im arsed if im getting a plane and i dont want to depend on Royal Mail for delivery. Anyone know where is worth checking out over the border for what im looking for?
    Thanks

Recently hit the big four O, and always wanted a really nice watch, specifically a Tag Heuer Carrera, looked around dublin and couldn't justify the price. couple of days later was in Belfast with some time to kill between meetings, went into GoldSmiths and saw the same watch circa €460 cheaper (maybe more now with the sterling dropping). Following weekend walked into jewellers in Liffey Valley (who stock Tag), who had the same watch and asked if they'd match the belfast price - they did and now i'm afraid to wear it in case i lose/scratch it:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭foxyboxer

looking to buy an Omega Speedmaster watch.
    retail price in ireland is currently €2,810
    even with a very generous discount this is around €2,500

retail in the UK high street is £2,090 which is far cheaper.
    the omega boutique in heathrow is VAT free and the price is £1,817
    this is roughly €2,000 with the current exchange rate. saving at least 500.

Ireland really is a rip off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 b4nd1t

Hi guys
    Thanks

find the watch u like in debenhams or wherever in town then order online. you will save a fortune, try the watch hub. even better value with the current exchange rate :pac:

Advertisement