Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy pet fish?

Options
  • 22-10-2009 9:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

Not sure if there’s a separate fish forum but please redirect if there is.

I’m looking to buy pet fish as a present. Something of the goldfish variety but maybe a little more exciting and unique.

Any recommendations? I’m working near Grafton Street and living in Dundrum. Anywhere around even Stillorgan, Dun Laoghaoire etc?

And how much should I be paying?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Petstop in Blanshardstown retail park have a big fish section upstaris, the whole floor is dedicated to fish and such. They also sell loads of accessories. Might be worth the drive out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Think Baumanns in Stillorgan do fish if I recall right - they're (if you're coming from dundrum) the left at/after the shopping centre, at the lights there, if you go left, keeping the shopping center on your left - just past it, on the left, always lots of cars and things, looks like a fish tackle shop (as it is that too) but down the back they have fish to buy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

If you can get there Aquatic Village in Blesssington is the best shop imo

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

Yes, Aquatic Village is a good shop - you also have Fintastic Aquatics in Dun Laoghaire which is another good one. Also, Wackers on the Long Mile Rd have a shop near the Ilac centre.
    Good luck with your shopping. Before you go ahead, make sure you have done your research. You'll need a tank big enough, a filter and also you need to cycle your tank before putting fish into it. Lots of info on the internet on this particular subject.

Hope this helps.
    ValerieR
    www.irishfishkeepers.com

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭aboutimeilogin!

boardwalk pets are good, ask for clara

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭lrushe

The Seahorse Aquarium in Ballymount have started doing freshwater fish, worth a look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Lauragoesmad

boardwalk pets are good, ask for clara

Boardwalk are brillo! When I bought my tank from them, they made me set it up and come in two weeks later with a water sample. They won't sell fish unless your tank is running right. Brilliant selection and so helpful.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭RaeRae

Breffni House Pets are really near Dundrum. Up near the mental hospital.

Be careful when you're buying the fish though, don't get it a small plastic tank. Goldfish are actually recommended to need a lot more space than this.

Advertisement