Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop locator - help!

Options
  • 22-10-2009 9:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭

Hi so decided to go up North Sat morning and will stay over in Louth and head back up again Sunday.

I just want to know, after Newry is Lisburn and Belfast worth visiting?
    I've looked up what's in Buttercrane and The Quays shopping centre.
    But does anyone know is there a B&Q in any of the above 3 or even homebase? And if so where?
    Again the same with Lidl, where abouts is that?
    And is there a petshop (a decent one) in either of the 3 places?

Main things we will be looking for up there is, baby nappys, wipes and milk. Runners. Tools - electrician. And few other bits and pieces. Where is the best place for drink? We've been asked to bring back some for people. Would Dunnes/Asda or Sainsburys be best?

Any help appreciated on the above.

Thanks in advance! ;)

Eemia

PS i read about avoiding traffic into Newry and you have to go down Glen Hill, have looked at a map and its hard to tell when you are not used to the place, can anyone help me on that too?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭In_tuition

Yes particularly Sprucefield complex in Lisburn. There is a much much larger Sainsbury's there. Also Toys R Us, Mamas and Papas, Next Home, Large Argos, Marks and Spencers, JJB Sports to name but a few.

Sprucefield is 25-30 minutes from Newry follow the signs for Belfast - pretty straightforward.
    But does anyone know is there a B&Q

B&Q is in Damolly Retail Park. If you cross the Newry bypass ( a continuation of the A1) which you access when you are entering Newry and proceed in the direction of Belfast, when you approach the first roundabout you will see McDonalds. This is where B&Q is located. Smyths, Dreams, Reid and other stores are located there.
    Lidl, where abouts is that?

Ask someone for directions when there, it's too awkward to explain if you haven't been there before, it's not extremely difficult to get to just that it's difficult to spot.

There is a Jollyes as you go down Dublin Road on the way into Newry.

Link
    Runners

Check out The Outlet which is in Banbridge, while you head towards Sprucefield you can't miss it. It's about 8-10 minutes outside of Newry. There is a Nike store, prices are fantastic.
    Where is the best place for drink?

Sainsbury's at The Quays in Newry without doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

If i could thank you ten times i would :D

Thanks for that info, great help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

Lidl in NI is nothing to write home about. Lidl NI is run by Lidl Ireland and not Lidl UK.

Therefore prices in Lidl in the North are closer to the Irish prices then they are the the (cheaper) UK prices.

If you want to do your grocery shopping all in one go I would recommend to go to the Westwood Shopping Centre in Belfast, which has a Asda. Within 200 m of the Asda you will also find a Lidl and the biggest (and newest) Sainsburys in NI.

This Area is less then 10 minutes drive from Sprucefield and almost straight off the motorway (1st exit in Belfast).

Very close to that Area (less then a mile or 2 minutes drive) you will also find the Boucher Road Area, which has a big Homebase, B&Q, Halfords, Woolen Mills at least one big Petshop (beside B&Q) and all kind of Furniture Stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Eemia

DubDani wrote: »
    Lidl in NI is nothing to write home about. Lidl NI is run by Lidl Ireland and not Lidl UK.

Therefore prices in Lidl in the North are closer to the Irish prices then they are the the (cheaper) UK prices.

If you want to do your grocery shopping all in one go I would recommend to go to the Westwood Shopping Centre in Belfast, which has a Asda. Within 200 m of the Asda you will also find a Lidl and the biggest (and newest) Sainsburys in NI.

This Area is less then 10 minutes drive from Sprucefield and almost straight off the motorway (1st exit in Belfast).

Very close to that Area (less then a mile or 2 minutes drive) you will also find the Boucher Road Area, which has a big Homebase, B&Q, Halfords, Woolen Mills at least one big Petshop (beside B&Q) and all kind of Furniture Stores.

Oh i thought might have gotten things cheaper in Lidl. Will have a look anyways and see!

Thanks for the info much appreciated. Deffo be going to Boucher road area anyways with the homebase and B&Q!

Thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 davidgrasul

Eemia wrote: »
    Hi so decided to go up North Sat morning and will stay over in Louth and head back up again Sunday.

I've looked up what's in Buttercrane and The Quays shopping centre.
    But does anyone know is there a B&Q in any of the above 3 or even homebase? And if so where?
    Again the same with Lidl, where abouts is that?

Main things we will be looking for up there is, baby nappys, wipes and milk. Runners. Tools - electrician. And few other bits and pieces. Where is the best place for drink? We've been asked to bring back some for people. Would Dunnes/Asda or Sainsburys be best?

Any help appreciated on the above.

Thanks in advance! ;)

Eemia

PS i read about avoiding traffic into Newry and you have to go down Glen Hill, have looked at a map and its hard to tell when you are not used to the place, can anyone help me on that too?

newry has a bypass now so traffic is not so bad, always base your journey time on the currency exchange(as soon as it goes to 1e = 90p traffic doubles) bq in lisburn and around the docks in belfast duncrue industrial estate) tesco in lisburn or asda in lisburn are cheaper than lidl or aldi.pet store makro in lisburn has a good pet section , hope that helps a little

• Advertisement
Advertisement