Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Much needed help please! Xbox console

• 22-10-2009 9:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi I just bought an xobx 360 console and as I'm new to it i'm hoping someone can give me help getting it up and running so i can play online.

First of all i am online with it. I have played the co-op games and competitive. Since i wanna play call of duty online do i need to complete all the levels on the game offline in order to unlock the maps online?

What do i need to do to basically join any online match i want? And what is system link? Keeps saying i can only play in this section with other users who are using the same system. All very confusing at this stage. :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

They probably purchased the extra map packs and because you don't have them you can't join their game.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭screw2loose

Kinetic is 100% correct.

Since you havent purchased the map packets you cant play the matches using them...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I wouldn't bother buying maps now, just wait for MW2 :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

arabia wrote: »
    What do i need to do to basically join any online match i want? And what is system link? Keeps saying i can only play in this section with other users who are using the same system. All very confusing at this stage. :eek:

Are you sure you are online? You dont need the extra maps to play games for starters. You can play games using the map that come with it for playing online. There are extra map packs available and you will be restricted from playing games with those but you can certainly play games online using the maps you got. If you are only getting the option of a system link then you arent connected to xbox live and able to seach for games to play. You should be in your own lobby and then joining a team deathmatch or whatever game type you want to play. System link is you playing with a mate joining 2 xbox's together which isnt what you are after.

Advertisement