Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Razer Mamba Gaming mouse or something else?

Options
  • 22-10-2009 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Should i pay out for the Razer mamba or should i head for a cheaper option like microsofts X8 or logitechs G9?

Or if you guys have an alternative I'm open to suggestion, it is purely for gaming

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

logitech mx518

The only mouse you ever need, at dirt cheap prices now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

TheDoc wrote: »
    logitech mx518

The only mouse you ever need, at dirt cheap prices now

QFT

had the mouse for nearly three years and no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

I also have an Mx518 and I find it great. The only thing is I found it a wee bit small and it took me a few weeks to get used to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭jonny72

It depends entirely on what style you prefer, large/small, lots of buttons/less buttons

The mx518 is v good

Buying the most expensive mouse won't make much difference to your aim, its your own personal preference that will. I've tried 8 to 10 mice and so far have finally settled on the logitech G3 which suited me the best, giving me a definite 5 to 10 % advantage over the other mice in aiming.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'm thinking of getting a Locitech g500 because it has the shít cool scoll wheel that goes for ever. Handy for browsing long web pages and things like that. It should be a nice replacement for my mx510.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I like the razer mice iv had my copperhead 5 years now no problems lovely mouse .

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Carne

I've had a logitech G5 mouse for a year now, best mouse I've ever used.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Rezident

I have also been tempted by the Mamba but the wire on my Copperhead only rarely annoys me and it's hard to justify the pricetag on the Mamba, although it looks like a great piece of hardware.

I could highly recommend the Copperhead for gaming, the programmable buttons work great for me. Do you really need a wireless gaming mouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭requiem1

Rezident wrote: »
    I have also been tempted by the Mamba but the wire on my Copperhead only rarely annoys me and it's hard to justify the pricetag on the Mamba, although it looks like a great piece of hardware.

I could highly recommend the Copperhead for gaming, the programmable buttons work great for me. Do you really need a wireless gaming mouse?

Nah its just i've had the G7 for years now, pretty much since it was released, and the batteries are starting to die a death and barely last the session. I liked the idea of the mamba cause it was a combination wired wireless, but i'm considering for the price i should probably get something like the G9 but it looks a bit bulky, so i'm all confused as to what to do

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

Whatever mouse you decide upon, make sure you get a quality gaming mouse mat.
    Some options here . . .

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productlist.php?groupid=702&catid=32

For what its worth I have a Roccat Kone V2 mouse and a Roccat Taito Gaming Surface, and the mat does help improve aim! :)

Cheers,
    sombaht

• Advertisement

what do you think of this, i buy the MX518 and a G9 and then i can make a decision on which is better? does that sound like a good option or should i just go all out and get the razer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Have a logitech G7 wireless mouse and its grand but where the 2 batteries used to last 3 days or so now they barely last a full day. Would recommend the Microsoft Habu (by Razer) as its a pretty decent option.

that does look like a nice mouse i actually glanced over it but it looks like a decent spec and has some pretty good reviews, what are the programmable buttons like? i find i constantly use mine during gaming but i can't see where they are on the Habu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Its worth having a look at this thread. My vote goes for Razer Deathadder. Got one recently and love it.

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Its worth having a look at this thread. My vote goes for Razer Deathadder. Got one recently and love it.

Thanks mate, i like the look of the deathadder, its currently out of stock in overclockers so i've added that to my list of potential, i think its between that, the mx518 and the G9 with the microsoft x8 in the back of my mind. I'm so confused there are too many options:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

I got my Deathadder from Ebay, and it worked out around 30 or 40 euro I think. Can't remember exactly. Got it from this seller though and I can recommend him. Might be worth a look. I see he has some Deathadders at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

requiem1 wrote: »
    that does look like a nice mouse i actually glanced over it but it looks like a decent spec and has some pretty good reviews, what are the programmable buttons like? i find i constantly use mine during gaming but i can't see where they are on the Habu
    I like the feel and weight of the Habu and it is bigger than I expected. It also comes with two swapable 2-button panels so you can choose the size of the side buttons you prefer. Its nice but it makes no difference really, you soon get used to either.

The software app that it comes with allows you to program the buttons and set the dpi etc but to be honest I just use one of the side buttons for melee attacks when gaming and as a back button when browsing so can't really say in terms of macros or programming.
    You could try downloading the software from the Razer site (if it is compatible with an existing mouse) and see if it is what you are after.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Use a G9 meself have it around two years now, love it.

Some people argue over its size being too small but its made for people who use there fingers to aim like myself and not their palm. If you tend to use your fingers alot then this mouse is for you, If you like to rest your whole palm on the mouse then it probably isnt.

But for a mouse it has everything you could want, weights, changable finishes, alot of buttons, great software for configuring everything and onboard memory to store profiles and great performance.

Will buy another when it finally gives in :)

Advertisement